Interview distant criminal past

Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

redv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview distant criminal past

I'd appreciate opinions on my question.

I have received my Employment Authorisation Card. I also have an interview coming up in the next few weeks.

Previous months I'd been gathering documentation to support my I 485 Including a police certificate from the UK which stated "No Trace". When I received my interview notification it had a note with it reminding me to disclose all contact with police and courts.

I then remembered with horror an incident that happened when I was 17 some 44 years ago, I was with a group of 5 youths who stole a car to get home after missing last late night transport. No damage was done to the vehicle. A couple of miles down the road it ran out of petrol. We left the vehicle but were picked up by passing police car. Taken to the police station and interviewed. the owner did not want us prosecuted. Heared no more.

Is this something that should be declared. If so how would it affect the outcome of my interview.

Thanks
Redv
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview distant criminal past

Originally Posted by redv
Is this something that should be declared.
Absolutely, yes.

If so how would it affect the outcome of my interview.
It probably won't affect the outcome at all, since you were a minor at the time. Separate from your ACPO certificate, you may need to provide documentation from the police about the incident or, if no documentation is available, get a note to that effect from the police.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Jun 19th 2011 at 11:58 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:39 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply.

As soon as I remembered the incident I did contact the police force concerned. Their reply was, "there would be no record of such an event so long ago". I have since asked for a letter asking them to confirm it in writing. Now waiting for a response, hoping they'll oblige.

I have to be honest and say this has caused considerable worry to think my foolish actions in my youth could potentially have such an impact on me in later life.

I sincerely hope you are correct on it's influence at the interview.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply.

As soon as I remembered the incident I did contact the police force concerned. Their reply was, "there would be no record of such an event so long ago". I have since asked for a letter asking them to confirm it in writing. Now waiting for a response, hoping they'll oblige.

Quick update.

I contacted the police who were very helpful. They emailed me a 'Word" copy of a letter and also put the signed original in the post to me. It simply states the as the incident happened so long ago there is now no record of it. They also confirmed in the letter the is no record of me at all on the police national computer.

My interview is in a few weeks and I will post the results along with my entire application experience.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

I have received my Employment Authorisation Card. I also have an interview coming up in the next few weeks.
A couple of days ago I took my passport, birth cert and EAC to the social security office to obtain a SS number. There about ten minutes while I was processed. I was given a receipt and told I would receive my card in about 2/3 weeks in the mail.

A simple and easy process.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

A couple of days ago I took my passport, birth cert and EAC to the social security office to obtain a SS number. There about ten minutes while I was processed. I was given a receipt and told I would receive my card in about 2/3 weeks in the mail.

A simple and easy process.

Today I received my social security card. Applied Monday received Saturday.

Last edited by redv; Jun 25th 2011 at 10:58 pm.