Interview?

Old Apr 23rd 2002, 11:30 pm
Singleissue

Default Interview?

My wife and I are being called in for an interview. We've been married three years
and I'm wondering what to expect. The first time the INS called us in my wife was
asked if she was a prostitute or intended to be one while here. That left me
flabbergasted and I need to know what to expect from these people

Old Apr 24th 2002, 8:30 pm
Fdigu123

Default Re: Interview?

what??? that question was outof line and u should have made a written complaint..just
bcos u want to live in america does not mean u should be disrespected...

well i just had mine yesterday and all they asked was

sir when did u meet ? maam what is his bday ? sir where does wife work now and at the
time u met maam when did u marry ? sir what date was ur wedding ? maam how many kids
do u have ? sir how many kids do u have ?? sir have u been married b4 ?? sir have u
ever been arrested in any country ?? sir where does ur mother-inlaw reside and whats
her name maam are u in contact with mother-inlaw ? whats her name ? maam what is the
name of the street ur hubby leaved b4 u got married ?? sir have u have sought public
assitance ??

what documents do u have to show u leave togheter?? we showed bills, tenancy
aggrement and bank statement.. and he looked to make sure we meet the support
requirement..

sir i would approve you for ur conditional 2yrs and u have to apply 90days prior to
2yrs to have condition removed..

he took my EAD card and stamped my passport and said i would get my card in about
8months. and did finger print again.

the whole process took 30 mins

I HAD MY INTERVIEW AT THE NOTORIOUS PORTLAND, OREGON KNOW AS DEPORTLAND.. AND I HAD
OVERSTAYED MY VISA (BRITISH)

WELL I WISH U LUCK

"SingleIssue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My wife and I are being called in for an interview. We've been married three years
    > and I'm wondering what to expect. The first time the INS
called
    > us in my wife was asked if she was a prostitute or intended to be one
while
    > here. That left me flabbergasted and I need to know what to expect from
    > these people

Old Apr 25th 2002, 12:30 am
James Donovan

"fdigu123" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<0gDx8.371$ao1.7542@rwcrnsc54>...
    > what??? that question was outof line and u should have made a written
    > complaint..just bcos u want to live in america does not mean u should be
    > disrespected...

Hold on to your horses. As much as the INS is a horrible bureaucratic agency, the
original poster may have just misinterpreted. The i-485 form does have a question
which says "have you ever engaged intend to engage in prostitution" or something like
that. The interviewing officer usually asks the questions on the i-485 form. There
may be questions like "are you a terrorist" etc etc. It is just a formality.

Old Apr 28th 2002, 10:00 pm
Programbo5

>>>>>The first time the INS called
us in my wife was asked if she was a prostitute or intended to be one while here.
That left me flabbergasted and I need to know what to expect<<<<

That`s nothing...I have had many friends who married or did the fiancee visa in
Vietnam and they were asked (Among other things)...What types of things your
husband said to you while you were making love...How many times they did it and was
oral sex used...What kind of underwear he wore..Etc

Old Apr 29th 2002, 12:00 am
Singleissue

My wife and I went to the INS office and were assured this is just another interview
in the same vein as the first interview. I guess I'm still steamed about the first
interview when they asked those insulting questions.

I'm not sure exactly what the INS expects to get by asking people such questions. My
wife may not be a citizen yet, but I am and I want to know what happened to my
rights. My wife is my family--my only family. I'll be happy when this whole process
is over so we can get on with our lives without living in fear of letters in the mail
calling us in.

The mentally ill and retarded can get married without any interference, but my wife
and I have to put up with a government agency supervising our marriage and asking
questions that anybody else would get hit for asking.