Interview 7 months ago - no GC

Old Sep 30th 2004, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all
Default Re: Interview 7 months ago - no GC

Originally Posted by Rete
Just curious why you are calling it a FBI name check for the AOS. It is not the name the FBI is running but your fingerprints. The name check is done by the IBIS and the CIA. There are three security checks on your person....FBI, CIA and IBIS. At the US Consulate they will do a "name" check with the FBI and sometimes if there is a hit they will require a set of fingerprints that will be run through the FBI. However, if you are AOSing in the US the FBI security check is fingerprints.

Rete
Well Rete,
When you call the following number 202-324-2399 which is the phone # used to check on the status of the name check, the email given to you in order to inquire is the following: [email protected]

Which made me assume that the name check is done by the FBI..

Also if you read the following from :

Cite as "Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 03091740 (Sep. 17, 2003) ."

".....The fingerprint checks with FBI are generally not a problem. According to USCIS, these are usually completed within 48 hours.

The FBI name checks, however, can be a problem for all types of adjustment cases. In these checks, the USCIS sends a tape containing the names, dates of birth, and countries of birth of adjustment applicants. In December 2002, USCIS sent 3.2 million names to the FBI for clearance. Of those, about 60,000 are still pending. In addition, USCIS sends a tape to FBI once a week with new names. Of these, some 80% are usually cleared within 72 hours. The remaining 20% go into a triage process. If the information regarding name, DOB and/or COB is far afield of that information regarding the individual identified in the "hit", the clearance will usually be sent back to USCIS the next week. If these factors are closer to the "hit" information, the physical file will have to be retrieved from wherever it is (storage, FBI field office, etc.) and inspected. This is where the lengthy delays tend to occur.

The CIA name checks also present a problem, mostly because the information received as a result of these checks tends to be less than definitive, and the impact on the immigration application therefore unclear. CIA generally responds to name check requests within 60 days, and has agreed to expedite up to 500 per week (but has been known to expedite more)."

It tends to confirm that both agencies are involved in the process, but USCIS relies more on the FBI. I could be wrong, but at this point I don't really care who does what, I just want to be over with the whole thing!!!!!!!
Old Sep 30th 2004, 12:29 pm
Tim

I also recommend visiting the website of the senator/congressman
before you write them, because most of them now have a downloadable
form that you must fill out and send back to them (along with your
letter requesting help). This form is the standard release that you
sign and return, to give them the right to access your personal
information related to your USCIS case.

Ndori <member29420@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<35$257317$1699612> A,
    > Go to www.house.gov find your Rep. give a call to his/her office and
    > explain your situation. and they will advise you on whether a letter or
    > an appointment with a staff member is the next step.

Old Sep 30th 2004, 2:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ndori
Well Rete,
It tends to confirm that both agencies are involved in the process, but USCIS relies more on the FBI. I could be wrong, but at this point I don't really care who does what, I just want to be over with the whole thing!!!!!!!
You already said it was all over with:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...7&page=1&pp=15

So what am I missing?

As for the name check, you still have not mentioned the IBIS name check and that in itself is one of the biggest headaches of them all.

Rete