Internship - correct Visa

Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:13 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internship - correct Visa

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
BTW, in the "B" arena, the DOS regulations and the FAM are not necessarily in sync with the DHS interpretations.
Thanks, Steve!
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Internship - correct Visa

So as an up-date to this thread. It looks like the Germans think it's OK for her to come over on a tourist visa (I've yet to actually confirm that this is the case, as Germany is part of the VWP).

The argument seems to be that because she's unpaid it's OK and she doesn't need a work visa. I've informed my boss again, that she doesn't need a work visa but does need a J-1.

So I have very little control over this, but it looks like it will possibly go ahead.

Thanks for all your help.