interim EAD?

Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice
Default interim EAD?

What's the difference between a normal EAD and an interim EAD??

Thanx everyone!!!
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:41 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: interim EAD?

Originally posted by monica&ed

Thanx everyone!!!
The normal EAD is what you get when you officially apply for one, usually valid for 1 year. The interim is the one you have to request when USCIS don't get their thumbs out of their asses and process your normal one within 90 days.

Kate. xxx
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:43 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx everyone!!!

Hey there!!

If the USCIS does not approve or deny the EAD application within 90 days, You may request an interim EAD. The alien applicant must go to the local USCIS district office and bring proof of identity and any documents that the USCIS has sent the applicant in regards to the employment authorization application.
I have heard that the interim EAD is valid for only a month but by that time the "normal" EAD should come in the mail, it is valid for a year.

Hope that helps!!
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey there!!

If the USCIS does not approve or deny the EAD application within 90 days, You may request an interim EAD. The alien applicant must go to the local USCIS district office and bring proof of identity and any documents that the USCIS has sent the applicant in regards to the employment authorization application.
I have heard that the interim EAD is valid for only a month but by that time the "normal" EAD should come in the mail, it is valid for a year.

Hope that helps!!

Hmmm.... So, if I got today the notice for EAD, I dont have to wait till MSC approve it? Can I just go to Jacksonville and get an interim EAD and start working??? That would be nice!
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmm.... So, if I got today the notice for EAD, I dont have to wait till MSC approve it? Can I just go to Jacksonville and get an interim EAD and start working??? That would be nice!
Sorry- I missunderstood! I got it now!!! It's only IF they don't approve it in 90 days!!!

Thanx!
Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry- I missunderstood! I got it now!!! It's only IF they don't approve it in 90 days!!!

Thanx!
That's correct...you can request for interim EAD if by 91st day your 1-yr EAD has not been approved.

Interim EAD is valid for at least 8 months.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:24 pm
Eric S.

Right. So on the 91st day, you should be able go to your local office and
get an Interim EAD, if you don't get your normal one by then. I beleive the
interim one is good for 90 days.

What is not clear to me is whether it is 90 days from the Receipt Date or
the Notice Date. I beleive it's the Receipt Date.

- Eric S.

"monica&ed" <member17099@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by monica&ed
    > > Hmmm.... So, if I got
    > today the notice for EAD, I dont have to wait till MSC approve it? Can I
    > just go to Jacksonville and get an interim EAD and start working??? That
    > would be nice!
    > Sorry- I missunderstood! I got it now!!! It's
    > only IF they don't approve it in 90 days!!!
    > Thanx!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old May 1st 2004, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

culverabbie is an unknown quantity at this point

my interim EAD is valid until December of this year and I received it 2 weeks ago so definately longer than 90 days - hope that helps
abbie
Old May 1st 2004, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Susanna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by culverabbie
my interim EAD is valid until December of this year and I received it 2 weeks ago so definately longer than 90 days - hope that helps
abbie
Yes the receipt date on the NOA 90 dys from there.
Old May 1st 2004, 11:26 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by culverabbie
abbie

Our interim is good longer than the "real" one by 3 months...............