INS office of appeals

Old Jul 12th 2002, 5:20 am
Arman Danielyan

Default INS office of appeals

I had an H-1B petition filed on my behalf, which was however denied by the INS. Now
my case is in the INS office of appeals. I have obtained some additional evidence in
regard to my case, and hopefully it will help when the office of appeals makes it
decision on my case. However, my question is. If the INS office of appeals would
decide to deny my case, are they just going to deny it and to say that the INS
decision was right OR they can move further and state the as I am out of status
(which I obviously can be at that time), then I will need to depart the USA. Thanks

Old Jul 12th 2002, 8:20 am
Ingo Pakleppa

Default Re: INS office of appeals

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:24:15 -0700, Arman Danielyan wrote:

> I had an H-1B petition filed on my behalf, which was however denied by the INS. Now
    > my case is in the INS office of appeals. I have obtained some additional evidence
    > in regard to my case, and hopefully it will help when the office of appeals makes
    > it decision on my case. However, my question is. If the INS office of appeals would
    > decide to deny my case, are they just going to deny it and to say that the INS
    > decision was right OR they can move further and state the as I am out of status
    > (which I obviously can be at that time), then I will need to depart the USA. Thanks

If you have an appeal pending, you hopefully have a good attorney, too, who should be
able to answer all these questions. Don't try to do it without one. To be honest, I'm
not sure what your status is once the H-1B was originally denied.

Ingo