Initial Move

Old Aug 30th 2015, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

6992BH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Initial Move

If attempting to move (permanently), to the states, from the UK, what is the best way to go about this?
I mean, i have a passport, skills (accountancy), some savings, no convictions, etc... but what is the best way?
I have no family in this country, but i have always felt like i need to move away, to really achieve something on my own...

How hard would it be up sticks and move/find a job and all the other stuff that comes with it......
I know this post is quite broad, but there must be other, similar people, who have made this move?

thanks,
Old Aug 30th 2015, 10:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Initial Move

According to your post in the Canada forum, you're only 19.

For the USA, your best bet would be to find work in a company that has offices in the USA, and then after 1 year (in the right kind of position), ask for a transfer to the US office.

Or, look at doing a degree in the USA. That would get you here on a student visa, where you could network with potential employers who could later sponsor you for a work visa. This also gives you a chance to meet a nice USC partner leading to marriage, allowing you to immigrate based on that.

See what appeals to you and make a tentative 5-year plan.

Rene
Old Aug 30th 2015, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 6992BH
... but what is the best way?
Since you ask, marriage to a US citizen.

How hard would it be up sticks and move/find a job and all the other stuff that comes with it...
Absent any real skills - and, to be frank, you have no useful skills... it's impossible. For an employment-based visa, you must first have a bona fide job offer from a US company that is willing to spend many thousands of dollars to sponsor you for a visa... and you can't apply for a visa independently of a sponsor.

Ian
Old Aug 31st 2015, 10:41 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
..... Absent any real skills - and, to be frank, you have no useful skills. .....
To clarify, the US has its own accounting qualifications, and any accounting qualification you have already is not recognized in the US. You would have to requalify in the US. Meanwhile you are "qualified" as a bookkeeper.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are 19 and an Accountant you are either a genius or some mistake.