InfoPass deadline?

Old May 15th 2006, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default InfoPass deadline?

Hi,

It's been a while since I was last here. I will get my timeline out soon to share with you all. Good Luck to those still in the system.

Today, I received a letter from CIS saying that my I-751 was approved and that I need to make an InfoPass appointment in order to take my 3 photos for my new I-551. I was wondering is there a "deadline" or "due date" for this process? I guess I was hoping that I would sail through until I file N-400 in November and have them adjudicate the I-751 and N-400 together. No such luck. My office is Baltimore. Now that they have issued this letter, I know I should not travel before receiving the new card or getting a stamp in my passport. I kind of like traveling with the I-797C.

Thanks,
Ian
Old May 16th 2006, 12:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: InfoPass deadline?

To me your post makes no sense at all. Sorry but why would you not want your I-751 adjudicated before you are eligible to file for naturalization. Just because they might be able to adjudicate both the I-751 and the N-400 together at the N-400 interview you have no guarantee that that would be the outcome. Also if your N-400 interviewed is scheduled after the expiration of your I-797C you still could not travel without the I-551 stamp.

So make your appointment and go get your new 10 year green card. I know of thousands of people who would gladly trade places with you.

Originally Posted by eiloo
Hi,

It's been a while since I was last here. I will get my timeline out soon to share with you all. Good Luck to those still in the system.

Today, I received a letter from CIS saying that my I-751 was approved and that I need to make an InfoPass appointment in order to take my 3 photos for my new I-551. I was wondering is there a "deadline" or "due date" for this process? I guess I was hoping that I would sail through until I file N-400 in November and have them adjudicate the I-751 and N-400 together. No such luck. My office is Baltimore. Now that they have issued this letter, I know I should not travel before receiving the new card or getting a stamp in my passport. I kind of like traveling with the I-797C.

Thanks,
Ian
Old May 16th 2006, 1:23 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eiloo
Hi,

Thanks,
Ian
Ian, it is totally painless. Make an InfoPass appointment and go give your fingerprint, autograph and old Green Card.
Within about 2 weeks, you should receive your new card.

There is no extra charge for this other than the required photos.

I've never heard of a deadline; most people are eager to get this step on the go.

PS: even if your I-751 had adjudicated at the same time as your N-400 and you were still within your one-year extension, you'd face a period of time without proof of status. Completing the N-400 interview does not make you a citizen.
Old May 16th 2006, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

monica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nicemonica&ed is just really nice

Do you need to take your spouse to this infopass appointment? My husband is in the service and he might not be home to go with me.
Thank you.
Old May 16th 2006, 6:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monica&ed
Do you need to take your spouse to this infopass appointment? My husband is in the service and he might not be home to go with me.
Thank you.
This appointment is for the Permanent Resident to give a fingerprint, autograph and old green card.
The I-751 is approved; there is no request for the USC to attend.