info reg Us visa

Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

seenu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info reg Us visa

I do hold British passport with dual citizenship of India and also qualify visa viewer programme, my friend offer me a business at Florida (USA) inventory lease on my name. my question would be what visa should i apply for? what are the process i need to face.

Thanks & Regards,
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: info reg Us visa

Originally Posted by seenu
I do hold British passport with dual citizenship of India and also qualify visa viewer programme, my friend offer me a business at Florida (USA) inventory lease on my name. my question would be what visa should i apply for? what are the process i need to face.

Thanks & Regards,
Are you buying the business ..maybe E-2
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks & Regards,
Indian constitution does not permit dual citizenship. YOu have what they call OCI card which is overseas citizen of India (i think). Not that it matters the question you have asked....but just wanted to point out the fact.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:24 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
Indian constitution does not permit dual citizenship. YOu have what they call OCI card which is overseas citizen of India (i think). Not that it matters the question you have asked....but just wanted to point out the fact.
The UK and USA do not recognize dual citizenship either, but many people on this site have it [the US and UK turn a "blind eye"], just to point out the fact there too.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelmas
The UK and USA do not recognize dual citizenship either, but many people on this site have it [the US and UK turn a "blind eye"], just to point out the fact there too.
I am bit confused when you say "but many people on this site have it" - you mean proclaim to have it OR hold two passports? I think you mean latter.

When it comes to dual citizenship for India + any other country, AFAIK – the person has to give up their passport. They actually take the passport and cut the four corners to ensure it can not be used as a travel document. This is why they are also given an OCI card which can then be used to prove ones overseas nationality but eligibility to enter India.

Hence, in the true sense – NO DUAL citizenship.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:14 am
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

I am bit confused when you say "but many people on this site have it" - you mean proclaim to have it OR hold two passports? I think you mean latter.

When it comes to dual citizenship for India + any other country, AFAIK – the person has to give up their passport. They actually take the passport and cut the four corners to ensure it can not be used as a travel document. This is why they are also given an OCI card which can then be used to prove ones overseas nationality but eligibility to enter India.

Hence, in the true sense – NO DUAL citizenship.
Whether the former or the latter it makes no difference. Having two passports is just a way of documenting their citizenship of two countries Being a citizen of two places simultaneously means dual citizenship.

Now they may well cut up a persons passport in India and replace it with an OCI, but does that stop the person being a citizen of India? Probably not, but I don't know.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Michelmas
Whether the former or the latter it makes no difference. Having two passports is just a way of documenting their citizenship of two countries Being a citizen of two places simultaneously means dual citizenship.

Now they may well cut up a persons passport in India and replace it with an OCI, but does that stop the person being a citizen of India? Probably not, but I don't know.
Nops, once the person accepts any other citizenship than India - they are no longer Indian Citizens. Hence the PP can not be used. Period.

http://www.india.embassy.gov.au/ndli/dualnlty.html
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Different countries have different laws. In some countries (like India, I guess), when you become a citizen of another country, you automatically lose your original citizenship. Other countries, like the US, do not specifically approve of dual citizenship, but will not do anything if you get citizenship of another country.

Here's a very good website with information on dual citizenship:

http://www.richw.org/dualcit/

- Eric S.

P.S. Poor OP. We're going on about dual citizenship and no one is really answering his question.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:44 pm
Pedantic Moron

Nops, once the person accepts any other citizenship than India - they are no longer Indian Citizens. Hence the PP can not be used. Period.

http://www.india.embassy.gov.au/ndli/dualnlty.html
Yep, i'm sorry to the OP but this does tend to happen on occasions.

I didn't know that India automatically stripped the citizenship if another was obtained. Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 1st 2010, 5:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks & Regards,
seenu, you need to stop posting exactly the same thing in different threads and come back to this one to answer and ask more questions.

Your post doesn't give enough information about the business set-up. Any visa involving a business purchase should be done with the advice of your own immigration attorney and probably tax accountant.
You should find a US immigration attorney who can help you.