Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Incorrect name on my fingerprinting notice

Incorrect name on my fingerprinting notice

Old Feb 25th 2001, 9:07 am
Nathan Carlson

Hi all,

I filed my AOS on marriage basis last April. And I finally got a fingerprinting last week
for the session to be scheduled in May. But my name was spelled wrong in the notice. Can
anyone suggest me what I should do with the wrong name. Should I call the INS? Which I
really dont want to do? I don't want to go all the way there and got sent back.

I know there are still two months to go but I would love to find it out asap. I will also
be busy finding and settling in our new apartment.

Thanks, Aries

Old Feb 25th 2001, 9:09 am
Betastar

I would inform them when you go to get the fingerprints. You have an appointment to go in
and see an INS officer to get the prints done, get it fixed then.

But that's just what I would do.

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:07:52 GMT, "Nathan Carlson"

>Hi all,
>
>I filed my AOS on marriage basis last April. And I finally got a fingerprinting last week
>for the session to be scheduled in May. But my name was spelled wrong in the notice. Can
>anyone suggest me what I should do with the wrong name. Should I call the INS? Which I
>really dont want to do? I don't want to go all the way there and got sent back.
>
>I know there are still two months to go but I would love to find it out asap. I will also
>be busy finding and settling in our new apartment.
>
>Thanks, Aries

Old Feb 25th 2001, 2:15 pm
Jer & Missy

Not everyone has their prints done at an INS office, some may go to an INS office some may
go to a law enforcement agency. The best thing to do is to try and contact the INS office.
If one goes to the INS office for the fingerprints, then this would be a good time to do
it as you said. If not, then other steps are needed.

--
Jer & Missy Our Visa Site: http://my.voyager.net/~hockeybabe/visasite/ POE Rolling List:
http://www.k1poelist.com/

>
> I would inform them when you go to get the fingerprints. You have an appointment to go
> in and see an INS officer to get the prints done, get it fixed then.
>
> But that's just what I would do.
>
>
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:07:52 GMT, "Nathan Carlson"

>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I filed my AOS on marriage basis last April. And I finally got a fingerprinting last
> >week for the session to be scheduled in May. But my
name
> >was spelled wrong in the notice. Can anyone suggest me what I should do
with
> >the wrong name. Should I call the INS? Which I really dont want to do? I don't want to
> >go all the way there and got sent back.
> >
> >I know there are still two months to go but I would love to find it out asap. I will
> >also be busy finding and settling in our new apartment.
> >
> >Thanks, Aries
> >
>