Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Immigration Reform Question-Tourist visas

Immigration Reform Question-Tourist visas

Old Nov 19th 2009, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Lissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really niceLissbovavd is just really nice
Unhappy Immigration Reform Question-Tourist visas

I realise that this thread may be somewhat "off-line" for my question, but having failed to find another more relevant thread, I hope that you will kindly bear with me...

I have read that there are plans for a wide-ranging overhaul of the current US immigration system, starting in early 2010.
According to some information that I have seen, there are rumours being mooted that all kinds of available non-immigrant US tourist visas might be limited to a maximum stay of 30 days per visit.

Could this possibly be correct?
Old Nov 19th 2009, 2:26 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unexpectedly refused a visa

Originally Posted by Lissbovavd
I realise that this thread may be somewhat "off-line" for my question, but having failed to find another more relevant thread, I hope that you will kindly bear with me...

I have read that there are plans for a wide-ranging overhaul of the current US immigration system, starting in early 2010.
According to some information that I have seen, there are rumours being mooted that all kinds of available non-immigrant US tourist visas might be limited to a maximum stay of 30 days per visit.

That came up a few years ago. The 30 day limit concept and another to admit students to a specific date were both proposed and published in the federal register. Federal Register. Both were shot down. The tourism industry and academia both had a cow and the proposed rule changes were withdrawn.

I think they should propose a rule where someone gets varying lengths of time based on their ages. If a tourist has a visa and is 29yrs old or under, they get two months. 30 - 39 is 3 months, 40 to 49 is 4 months, 50 and over should be six months. If someone at any age can establish significant financial resources and is clearly entitled to it, they can get six months.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

discoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond reputediscoviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unexpectedly refused a visa

That's like asking what next weeks lottery numbers will be. Even if comprehensive immigration reform is brought to the floor next year, it's impossible to know what the end result will be once congress is done with it.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 3:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Reform Question-Tourist visas

I realise that this thread may be somewhat "off-line" for my question, but having failed to find another more relevant thread,
You can start new threads by clicking the 'New Thread' button on the top left of the forum page.

It's usually better to put your own questions in a new thread, especially when the topics are unrelated.