Immigration reform

Old Mar 28th 2013, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration reform

Why?
Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:41 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KCK_DR
– too bad you are out of your money. Go get a job, I don’t care if you can or not. It that what you are saying?
I'll ignore the rest of your rant. But no this is not what I am saying. You are going off topic on the general welfare thing and making yourself look silly, especially with trying to puts words in my mouth, Muslims etc. Welfare exists for those who need it not those who simply want it.

But as a legal immigrant I had to prove that I could support myself and my family. Not unreasonable to expect any immigrant to have to do the same?

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Mar 29th 2013 at 12:43 am.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:47 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
The fix is very easy.

Fine each employer a million bucks for each illegal employee and the problem goes away over night.

Then you'd probably end up with $3 a tomato and a $10 big mac.
Absolute bollocks, but if tomatoes hit $3 please get in touch I got a bunch growing in the back yard, yours for $2.99 each.

I just might want to get a bigger back yard.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 1:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Even where I am there is a big hydroponics demand, now that may be more to something you might smoke, but I can see tomatoes really taking off at that price point.

I read an article about re using pallets to grow vegetables.

Now you would need good security.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

KCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
I'll ignore the rest of your rant.
Thank you so very much.
But no this is not what I am saying. You are going off topic on the general welfare thing and making yourself look silly, especially with trying to puts words in my mouth, Muslims etc. Welfare exists for those who need it not those who simply want it.
I took exception to the fact that you used the word “Catholic” because it is my opinion that bad behavior is not based on religion but on personal attitude.
I agree with you that welfare should be there as a net not as an existence. That is one of the reasons why left Europe and became an American.
That is why I support laws that would strongly punish businessmen and women that use my tax dollars for welfare purposes.
I also believe that children need to be taken care off, despite their parents inability to do the right thing. ALL children not just white protestant children.
In my opinion what makes America the better place to Europe is that we strive – not always successfully – to give everyone an even chance. Unlike Europe where if you were born in the lower classes you are going to die in the lower classes.
But as a legal immigrant I had to prove that I could support myself and my family. Not unreasonable to expect any immigrant to have to do the same?
I am an immigrant too I never used any support from the system, I worked very hard, but I must recognize that things are not that simplistic. I wish they were.

Last edited by KCK_DR; Mar 29th 2013 at 7:30 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike Europe where if you were born in the lower classes you are going to die in the lower classes.
Social mobility is now actually lower in the US than almost all western European countries (The UK is an exception).
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

KCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant futureKCK_DR has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Social mobility is now actually lower in the US than almost all western European countries (The UK is an exception).
I have heard of some statistics that came out recently, but have not seen them yet. I will try to find them and check them out. In past, I found some non-germanic countries fudging their stats, but was impressed on how some Teutonic states in Europe have progressed on the issue.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard of some statistics that came out recently, but have not seen them yet. I will try to find them and check them out. In past, I found some non-germanic countries fudging their stats, but was impressed on how some Teutonic states in Europe have progressed on the issue.
It's also that the US has regressed. The cost of higher education and healthcare are two big factors.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
It's also that the US has regressed. The cost of higher education and healthcare are two big factors.
That is true, dollar-for-dollar and taking inflation into account it cost less than 30 percent for me to go to college 25 years ago, than it would cost today. Another bubble ... that can be solved with educated immigrants, since "we" as a country are divesting from education.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 2:20 am
Account Closed

Thank you so very much.

I took exception to the fact that you used the word “Catholic” because it is my opinion that bad behavior is not based on religion but on personal attitude.
you cannot deny the fact that people are basically blinded by their religion and follow its rules, personal attitude doesn't even come into it for these people. Every sperm is sacred, nothing personal about it. I always remember the Jehovah's Witnesses in the UK didn't they deny their children blood transfusions because of their beliefs?

I also believe that children need to be taken care off, despite their parents inability to do the right thing. ALL children not just white protestant children.
Who said just white protestant children? Immigration reform needs to take into account the children of these immigrants as a priority. The illegal status of their parents has nothing to do with them.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 2:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Absolute bollocks, but if tomatoes hit $3 please get in touch I got a bunch growing in the back yard, yours for $2.99 each.

I just might want to get a bigger back yard.
But it isn't.

All that fruit and veg, it would cost a hell of a lot more than it does now if the employers had to pay a living wage.

They get away with it as illegals aren't really going to complain to loudly.

Just as with construction, landscaping and anything else out there.
Old Mar 31st 2013, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
it would cost a hell of a lot more than it does now if the employers had to pay a living wage.
LOL says someone who shops at Walmart
Old Apr 1st 2013, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

When we compare the wealthy who don't like to higher taxes because they are the makers such as many of the wall street investment bankers, the celebrities, the athletics, and a bunch of snot nosed kids who inherited their wealth and many seem to be spending their money putting things up their noses as compared to the illegal immigrants that is being exploited to produce low cost goods and can't afford to pay for health insurance, I'll take the illegal immigrant any day.

Now that does not mean that I agree with illegal immigration but laws were passed to create exactly that situation starting in the 1980's. Nor do I have disdain for many wealthy people such as many of the Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and many manufacturing and services businessmen but it is hard to distinguish between the makers and the takers at the top. Many of the investment bankers, celebrities, athletics, and snot nosed kids are broke after their stream of income runs out so I have doubts that they were makers.

New immigration laws (if sensible) will eliminate the possibility of exploiting immigrants so that they can pay for their own healthcare but at a cost of higher goods and services and more costs to the businessman.

Last edited by Michael; Apr 1st 2013 at 1:22 am.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Michael
When we compare the wealthy who don't like to higher taxes because they are the makers such as many of the wall street investment bankers, the celebrities, the athletics, and a bunch of snot nosed kids who inherited their wealth and many seem to be spending their money putting things up their noses as compared to the illegal immigrants that is being exploited to produce low cost goods and can't afford to pay for health insurance, I'll take the illegal immigrant any day.

Now that does not mean that I agree with illegal immigration but laws were passed to create exactly that situation starting in the 1980's. Nor do I have disdain for many wealthy people such as many of the Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and many manufacturing and services businessmen but it is hard to distinguish between the makers and the takers at the top. Many of the investment bankers, celebrities, athletics, and snot nosed kids are broke after their stream of income runs out so I have doubts that they were makers.

New immigration laws (if sensible) will eliminate the possibility of exploiting immigrants so that they can pay for their own healthcare but at a cost of higher goods and services and more costs to the businessman.
A kid is born to parents, could be an illegal immigrant, could be a banker.

But you would take the immigrant any day over the allegedly snotty nosed kid. Isn't a kid a kid? Not in the eyes of a liberal.

An illegal is never exploited, it is simple leave or stay. Or maybe we should send them to your house for a hug? So long as when they come here they never get athletic, be a banker or become famous. That would kill you.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

A kid is born to parents, could be an illegal immigrant, could be a banker.

But you would take the immigrant any day over the allegedly snotty nosed kid. Isn't a kid a kid? Not in the eyes of a liberal.

An illegal is never exploited, it is simple leave or stay. Or maybe we should send them to your house for a hug? So long as when they come here they never get athletic, be a banker or become famous. That would kill you.
You seem to only read the words in my post that you want to read.

If the bankers would have taken some responsibility for their actions, I could possibly forgive them for the mistakes that they made. However after they collapsed the world economy, they were just as arrogant, whiners, and above the law as they were before they caused the collapse. I don't understand why bankers that caused companies to collapse could walk away with hundred of millions in severance, Jamie Diamond not know about the London whale, top bank executives not know about the libor fixing, bankers risking the destruction of economy of Cyprus by making very bad bets, and still think that they are overregulated, over taxed, and should be entitled to run the economy as they please.

I didn't feel the same privilege and entitlement from illegal immigrants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.