Immigration made easy.

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

jimmyk is a jewel in the roughjimmyk is a jewel in the roughjimmyk is a jewel in the roughjimmyk is a jewel in the rough
Default Immigration made easy.

Hey everyone,
I'm happy to say that the wonderful folks at INS gave me my EAD lat week and as soon as my SSN gets here i'm as free as a little bird to work at my local McDonalds and make $4 an hour yippppeeeee.
I don't know if it has anything to do with the new shake up with the Homeland Security Department but it took less than a month for me to get my EAD after filing a whole wedge of AOS forms - maybe a record??.
The lovely lady in room 1090 at the San Antonio office told me that she be surprised if i had to wait anymore than four months for my AOS interview (i won't hold my breath) "we're really getting on top of things" she told me.
I'd like to thank Rete, Folynski et al who have really helped me out a lot over the past 6 months and to let people in similar situations know that even though Lawyers are usually the safest way of getting things done properly, with lot's of reading and research you can save yourself a whole lot of money doing it yourself, just ask LOT'S of questions.
That's it, thanks again, i hope i can help others out in the future too.
James.

Arrived U.S Dec 2001 (on visa waiver)
Visa ran out mar 2002
Married oct 2002
Filed for AOS mar 2003 (1 year and a day over visa)
EAD April 16th 2003

Way to go INS
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 6:22 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration made easy.

Originally posted by jimmyk
to let people in similar situations know that even though Lawyers are usually the safest way of getting things done properly, with lot's of reading and research you can save yourself a whole lot of money doing it yourself, just ask LOT'S of questions.
That's it, thanks again, i hope i can help others out in the future too.
James.

Way to go INS
Congratulations for obtaining your EAD. I agree that many do-it-yourselfers go through the process on their own without too many hitches (We see plenty of good and bad stories here in the group). You are not done with them yet (Odds are everything will be just fine). Here's hoping that the BCIS does not cause any screw-ups in the remainder of your case that will require intervention.

M.U.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

shaakq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Immigration made easy.

can u please post ur e-mail address or send me an e-mail as i have some more questions for u...
thanks for all ur help in advance

thanks