Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Immigration lawyer for current A2 visa holder

Immigration lawyer for current A2 visa holder

Old May 10th 2007, 2:45 am
Just Joined

ajp121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration lawyer for current A2 visa holder

I have lived in the US since 93 and would like to start a property management company in Myrtle Beach. I currently have A2 visa and would like to change that to either an investors visa or starting a business visa. I own property valued at more than a $million and plan to buy several rental units to start the business. What are my chances and can you recommend an immigration lawyer. Does the lawyer need to be familiar with the law of the state I intend to live in or can I chose a lawyer from any state?
Old May 10th 2007, 2:58 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration lawyer for current A2 visa holder

Originally Posted by ajp121
I have lived in the US since 93 and would like to start a property management company in Myrtle Beach. I currently have A2 visa and would like to change that to either an investors visa or starting a business visa. I own property valued at more than a $million and plan to buy several rental units to start the business. What are my chances and can you recommend an immigration lawyer. Does the lawyer need to be familiar with the law of the state I intend to live in or can I chose a lawyer from any state?
For changes to or from A status or from one of the A status, USCIS Form I-566 should be submitted to the Department of State (DOS) through the mission

You don't say what visa you are considering going for ...

Immigration Lawyers are federal ..any one from anywhere can take you
on as a client

Couple of Florida Lawyers..
http://www.maneygordon.com/attorneys...an_zeller.html

http://www.visaamerica.com/
Old May 21st 2007, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

ray thank you I am at the very eARLY STAGES AND DON'T KNOW ANYTHING UNTILL I HAVE SPOKEN WITH AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER, BUT FOR SURE, I WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY HELP FROM MY CURRENT EMPLOYER.

I BELIEVE THERE IS A WAY THROUGH INVESTING IN PROPERTY AND RUNNING THAT AS A BUSINESS??? I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF BRITS IN FLORIDA IN THE VACATION RENTAL OR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT BUSINESS, SO I AM HOPING I CAN DO THAT IN S.C. I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE ADVICE FROM YOU OR ANYONE ELSE WHO IS FAMILAR WITH THAT WAY IN?
Old May 21st 2007, 9:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

ray thank you I am at the very eARLY STAGES AND DON'T KNOW ANYTHING UNTILL I HAVE SPOKEN WITH AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER, BUT FOR SURE, I WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY HELP FROM MY CURRENT EMPLOYER.

I BELIEVE THERE IS A WAY THROUGH INVESTING IN PROPERTY AND RUNNING THAT AS A BUSINESS??? I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF BRITS IN FLORIDA IN THE VACATION RENTAL OR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT BUSINESS, SO I AM HOPING I CAN DO THAT IN S.C. I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE ADVICE FROM YOU OR ANYONE ELSE WHO IS FAMILAR WITH THAT WAY IN?
Your thinking E-2 visa ..lots of property management companies in orland run by brits.. in fact ..far too many ...and with the slump in business
many will fold ...
The rumor that buying 3 houses will get you a visa is wrong ...A hotel/motel maybe..
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:17 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear...

If you're looking outside of FL ...you may get lucky....we have a few MC companies on the Cape that make good money...have a lot of staff...and don't have to do half the work the people in FL do...we have no pools no landscaping..no posh furniture to care for...its money for old rope to be honest....maybe its the same in Myrtle Beach...??

For investment...you can do better than FL...house on Cape and in FL cost about the same to buy now...but on Cape you can get $2k/$4k a week for a small beach hut...in FL you'd need a show home and then some to pull in $1400...
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
Oh dear...

If you're looking outside of FL ...you may get lucky....we have a few MC companies on the Cape that make good money...have a lot of staff...and don't have to do half the work the people in FL do...we have no pools no landscaping..no posh furniture to care for...its money for old rope to be honest....maybe its the same in Myrtle Beach...??

For investment...you can do better than FL...house on Cape and in FL cost about the same to buy now...but on Cape you can get $2k/$4k a week for a small beach hut...in FL you'd need a show home and then some to pull in $1400...
The OP stated he wants to start a business like this in South Carolina (I added emphasis):

"I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF BRITS IN FLORIDA IN THE VACATION RENTAL OR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT BUSINESS, SO I AM HOPING I CAN DO THAT IN S.C."

~Rene
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:19 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The OP stated he wants to start a business like this in South Carolina (I added emphasis):

"I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF BRITS IN FLORIDA IN THE VACATION RENTAL OR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT BUSINESS, SO I AM HOPING I CAN DO THAT IN S.C."

~Rene
And do you have a point....don't brother to answer...that was a rhetorical question.....
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:33 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

Anyway just in case you did not get the point of my post...FL is not the best example to go by when looking into MC compaines...or buying rental homes as investments..I only know about two States in the USA when it comes to renting FL and MA..so I can only use them as EXAMPLES....as to how different places can be all over the USA...I'd not be put off because its not easy to run a MC company in one State...because in others you could get a good little company up and running...without so many problems like you would get in a place like FL...I'm not sure if buying units is the way to go...maybe have a MC to start...and buy units later...
Old May 22nd 2007, 10:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
And do you have a point....don't brother to answer...that was a rhetorical question.....
Sorry, I got the impression you thought the OP was looking IN Florida for property, when actually he was looking outside Florida.

Rene
Old May 23rd 2007, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

I was hoping that my purchasing 3 rental units (not vacation rental) would be enough for a visa to show i am investing in a business and have at least 3 rentals to start the PM business. I also plan to apply for a S.C. realtor;s licence and take a PM course and will then advertise to manage other properties in Myrtle Beach s.c.
Would you recommend buying an existing business instead of starting one from scratch?