Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I'm worried about my Visa Photograph size

I'm worried about my Visa Photograph size

Old May 21st 2010, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

aklor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm worried about my Visa Photograph size

Hi guys, I need some help.

I have my K1 Visa interview next week. I popped into Snappy Snaps on the high street for my photographs that I need to furnish at my interview.

I received my printouts but they seemed oddly shaped. I was assured by the staff that it's definitely the correct size.

I got home to double check everything online on the US embassy website. It says the photos must be 2 x 2 inches. My photos are 2 inches by 2.75 inches and they have a huge border around them.

In a huff, I went back to Snappy Snaps. But again and again they keep telling me that this is how you're supposed to submit your photographs. They're telling me that they have provided hundreds of US size photos to customers for passports, visa, etc and have never had any complaints. They told me that the US embassy will cut them.

So I really had no choice but to accept them. But now I'm freaking out because I don't know for sure if this is how it's meant to be. I'm stressed out enough as it is because of my upcoming interview, I don't need this to worry about too!!!

Here's what I've been given. (For the benefit of online anonymity, I've pixelated myself on photoshop!!)

Can someone please let me know if this size is acceptable.
Old May 21st 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice
Default Re: I'm worried about my Visa Photograph size

Crop it!!

Measure 2 x 2 and get a pair of scissors and cut to size. As long as you can see your whole head and a bit of neck, that will be fine.

Looks like there is loads of space above your head anyway.

Porvera
Old May 21st 2010, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

I think as long as your head is the right size in the photo, you'll be okay. See Step 6 on this page for details.

- Eric S.
Old May 21st 2010, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aklor
I popped into Snappy Snaps on the high street for my photographs that I need to furnish at my interview.
If you have a digital camera and a printer, you can make your own... perfectly acceptable.

Ian