I'm finally in the US

Old Nov 7th 2002, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

foolish501 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm finally in the US

Well finally in the US, thanks for everybodies help.

Just a few things, those who were talking to me about the time to get my visa sorted when i entered the US, minneapolis st paul took 10 minutes from me going into the office to getting the stamp in my passport. I was worried that my 1:30hrs between flights wouldn't be enough, but i was thru like a shot. The agent even remembered me from my last time in the US.

I've been to the local social security office here in Des Moines, i went the following day, to apply for my ss number, but they said my alien number wasn't on the system yet.
Anybody know how long it takes ? The woman didn't mind me not having the card, and was happy enough with the stamp and details in my passport. It's just i need to get a job asap and have a temping firm interested in me starting for them ASAP.

Thanks again for everybodies help, this forum has been a great help to me and my wife.

Rich
Old Nov 7th 2002, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome to the USA !
The whole experience wasn't so bad, was it ?
Regarding the SSN, 2/3 weeks seems to be the average, reading postings on here.
Your prospective employer shouldn't worry, as long as you have the
I-551 stamped in your passport (I seem to remember that you are married and came on the I-130 from London) that is your right to work and the Social Security number is a fore-gone conclusion, even if sometimes it may take a wee bit longer than the 2/3 weeks.
Good luck with your job, and the rest of your life here.
Driving test next )

Roger