i94 not taken at airport

Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

tington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i94 not taken at airport

hi there

in 2004 i returned back to uk had been in usa on a e2 visa which expired 2003,but i94 expired 2005,months later whilst going abroad i realised my i94 was still in passport,i contacted airline who sent me a letter,confirming i was on flight and gave me an address to forward my i94 which i did,with the said letter,my question is id like to visit freinds this year in usa ,is there going to be a problem.

thanks
Old Feb 20th 2006, 12:00 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i94 not taken at airport

Originally Posted by tington
hi there

in 2004 i returned back to uk had been in usa on a e2 visa which expired 2003,but i94 expired 2005,months later whilst going abroad i realised my i94 was still in passport,i contacted airline who sent me a letter,confirming i was on flight and gave me an address to forward my i94 which i did,with the said letter,my question is id like to visit freinds this year in usa ,is there going to be a problem.

thanks

http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/cust...hp?p_faqid=752

Also, make copy of I-94, proof of posting it, and any other evidence that you landed back in Blighty (e.g. flight boarding card, credit card statement showing you bought a cuppa in Tooting High Street the day after, pay slip from work, etc) and bring it with you on the return trip. Don't give this information on your return at the POE unless the uniformed drone specifically asks for it.

While you're about it, you should also pack evidence of your strong ties with Blighty. From your post, you are just as likely to raise flags for immigrant intent as overstay.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:11 am
Just Joined

tington is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/cust...hp?p_faqid=752

Also, make copy of I-94, proof of posting it, and any other evidence that you landed back in Blighty (e.g. flight boarding card, credit card statement showing you bought a cuppa in Tooting High Street the day after, pay slip from work, etc) and bring it with you on the return trip. Don't give this information on your return at the POE unless the uniformed drone specifically asks for it.

While you're about it, you should also pack evidence of your strong ties with Blighty. From your post, you are just as likely to raise flags for immigrant intent as overstay.

hi thanks for info,abit amused as to why i would raise flag for immigrant intent
the strongest evidence of my return to uk with husband was to give birth to our son,who arrived 6 weeks after leaving usa,normally i belive people with intent to stay would give birth there.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:26 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tington
hi thanks for info,abit amused as to why i would raise flag for immigrant intent
the strongest evidence of my return to uk with husband was to give birth to our son,who arrived 6 weeks after leaving usa,normally i belive people with intent to stay would give birth there.

Sounds perfectly logical to me. But then I'm not a uniformed drone! They are pre-programmed to believe that every entrant is a possible immigrant. Since you have made obviously made some contacts here and aren't just doing two weeks at Disney, this will raise red flags.

The "anchor baby" is a bit of a myth anyway -- really doesn't get you very far forward in gaining PR.