I864 notarisation

Old May 17th 2009, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

h0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really nice
Default I864 notarisation

Hi guys, I need some help with the I864 form. Ive read that this document and tax forms need to be notarised, however I cannot find anywhere on the form to get this signed.

What do I do?? I leave the usa tomorrow so need to get these notarised before i leave.

Sorry if this has been asked before but i dont have time to search through all the threads.

Thanks again
Old May 17th 2009, 5:49 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I864 notarisation

Did you have your K1 interview yet? It doesn't mention that in your posts. Are you just coming over now to visit? You need the I134 affidavit of support for the interview. That used to have to be notarised but I beleive they changed that. Not sure.Tax returns do not have to be notarised and the I 864 for AOS does not have to be notarised either. The tax returns would be your US fiancees and if you wanted to get them notarised it would have to be her signature on them that would be notarised not yours and she would need to take them to the notary and sign in front of them. It is suggested that the latest copy of a tax return be notarised.I don't beleive it is required. We did get my most recent one notarised when my husband had his K1 interview. Your fiancee can just take the forms to her local bank branch and they should do it for free.
Old May 17th 2009, 5:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h0tr0dder_uk
Hi guys, I need some help with the I864 form. Ive read that this document and tax forms need to be notarised, however I cannot find anywhere on the form to get this signed.

What do I do?? I leave the usa tomorrow so need to get these notarised before i leave.

Sorry if this has been asked before but i dont have time to search through all the threads.

Thanks again
You read old information then.

The I-864 no longer (since 2007) requires notarization. Be careful about reading outdated guides (even from the government!).

But wait, there's more!
Why are you taking an I-864 for a K-1 visa?
Old May 17th 2009, 5:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The ONLY document that needs notarization in all of this is the I-134 and I'm not sure that is even true anymore.
Don't go notarizing a bunch of stuff you don't need to.
Old May 18th 2009, 4:19 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

According to the USCIS website the 1 134 no longer needs to be notarised.
Old May 20th 2009, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

h0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Many thanks to everyone that contributed to this. We did indeed need the I-134 and according to the USCIS web site it no longer needs notarisation, which means I was able to get all the forms I needed before returning to the UK. Today I will send off my notification of readiness for my interview :-)
Old May 21st 2009, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

It does say that...but when i was interviewed i was asked to show "a notarized I-134"

He even looked closely at the notarize stamp...

And when i sent in the second I-134, he said it also had to be notarized.
Old May 21st 2009, 1:40 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

PC,

There's an element of truth in the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Long established habits are hard to break.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
It does say that...but when i was interviewed i was asked to show "a notarized I-134"

He even looked closely at the notarize stamp...

And when i sent in the second I-134, he said it also had to be notarized.
Old May 21st 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
PC,

There's an element of truth in the saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Long established habits are hard to break.

Regards, JEff
True. Perhaps it would be better to be safe then sorry though if the visa applicant gets another "old dog"
Old May 21st 2009, 5:00 pm

As I said earlier. If you do want to get the I134 notarised. It is your fiancee who needs to sign it in front of a notary not you since she is the one sponsering you. Everything seems to be up to the individual Con Off.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

As I said earlier. If you do want to get the I134 notarised. It is your fiancee who needs to sign it in front of a notary not you since she is the one sponsering you. Everything seems to be up to the individual Con Off.
mwah. now im getting stressed. my fiance and her brother have got all there docs together and i wanted to be sure what to do so i -

1) checked the uscis website - says notarization is not needed
2) checked london embassy website - says notarization is needed
3) rang the very expensive helpline and woman said "latest update from embassy is that i-134 needs to be notarized".

so - how do we do this? do i need to attach a sheet to the i-134, or do they just stamp it and sign it?
Old May 26th 2009, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by h0tr0dder_uk
mwah. now im getting stressed. my fiance and her brother have got all there docs together and i wanted to be sure what to do so i -

1) checked the uscis website - says notarization is not needed
2) checked london embassy website - says notarization is needed
3) rang the very expensive helpline and woman said "latest update from embassy is that i-134 needs to be notarized".

so - how do we do this? do i need to attach a sheet to the i-134, or do they just stamp it and sign it?
The I-134 does not need to be notarized.
The jurat language on the bottom is the same thing.

I don't believe the helpline person, but a notary public witnesses a person signing a document, checks their identification and signs, giving official certification that the person who signed the document is the person in front of her.

If they 'must' do it to set your minds at ease, they need to see US Notary Publics to have the signing of the form witnessed.
Banks are one of the more obvious places to get it done.