I485 medical

Old Feb 28th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute
Default I485 medical

we are just starting to get ready to file for a GC with the 140 and 485 together,when the spectre of a medical has arisen.now maybe i havent been paying attention but is this as bad as it sounds, chest xray,blood tests and vaccinations beyond belif. now i may have had some like 45 year ago but does this really all get done?

also if anyone can recommend a really good doc in Florida (preferably female for the mrs ) i would be most grateful;also any idea on costs ??

TIA
Old Feb 28th 2011, 10:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I485 medical

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
we are just starting to get ready to file for a GC with the 140 and 485 together,when the spectre of a medical has arisen.now maybe i havent been paying attention but is this as bad as it sounds, chest xray,blood tests and vaccinations beyond belif. now i may have had some like 45 year ago but does this really all get done?
If you've already had the vaccinations you'll need, then they wont' do them again. But otherwise, yes, sounds like a typical AOS medical to me.

also if anyone can recommend a really good doc in Florida (preferably female for the mrs ) i would be most grateful;also any idea on costs ??
You mean just in general, or specifically for the AOS medical exam? The medical exam must be done by a USCIS civil surgeon. There's a list of doctors at www.uscis.gov. You can search by zip code for the ones in your area. They set their own prices, so you'll have to call around for the cost.

If any vaccinations ARE required, you can get those done by any doctor you want...maybe one covered by your insurance. But the actual medical exam has to be done by a USCIS doctor.

Rene
Old Feb 28th 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you've already had the vaccinations you'll need, then they wont' do them again. But otherwise, yes, sounds like a typical AOS medical to me.

You mean just in general, or specifically for the AOS medical exam? The medical exam must be done by a USCIS civil surgeon. There's a list of doctors at www.uscis.gov. You can search by zip code for the ones in your area. They set their own prices, so you'll have to call around for the cost.

If any vaccinations ARE required, you can get those done by any doctor you want...maybe one covered by your insurance. But the actual medical exam has to be done by a USCIS doctor.

Rene
well one just trying to see what actually happens as the Mrs is paranoid about exams etc and
b) yes please a doc for the AOS exam. we have the list just be good to get a first hand recc
Old Feb 28th 2011, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Prof_Yaffel will become famous soon enough

Had our medicals done a couple of months ago in California
Didn't need an x-ray but had to have blood test for STDs! If you have a negative test for TB ( small injection underthe skin which has to be re-examined 48hrs later ) you don't need the xray but as most UK citizens are vaccinated for TB as a child this test can sometimes show as positive and in that case the you will probably need an xray. We had all been vaccinated but the test came up negative so there is hope there

We also had to have most of our vaccinations again as the information we had from the NHS was old non existant but the records we did have were taken. I think we had about 6 needles worth of injections and the cost, from memory, for a family of 4 was around 600 USD but this was because all our re-vaccinations were free under our health plan other wise the cost would have been higher
Old Feb 28th 2011, 11:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

well one just trying to see what actually happens as the Mrs is paranoid about exams etc and
b) yes please a doc for the AOS exam. we have the list just be good to get a first hand recc
You can look around in the marriage based group; lots of people post their medical experiences in there. It's really not a big deal.. is there something specific you're concerned about?

You may also find a thumbs up or down for one on your list, but you pretty much have to take what you're given.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 2:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

TIA
http://www.drjanetpettyjohn.com/1402688.html
Old Mar 1st 2011, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

janette is on a distinguished road

We had our medicals in Orlando last year, and it wasn't as bad as I expected - X ray, blood tests and lots of questions. I understand how your wife feels as I am not good with needles. I felt a bit faint during mine, the staff were really good, making sure I stayed lying down until I felt and looked better! We didn't know what to expect but went to that clinic because it had been recommended to us, and Iended up happy with the service.