I485

Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

arthur36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I485

Hello,

I am currently going from L1A to GC, sponsored by my company and filed by their attorney.

Last month my I140 was approved now we will soon file the I485 AOS.

My attorney tells me it should be done by the end of this year, but I was wondering how how often there are problems with the I485? Someone told me that the I140 is the toughest step after the L1A.

Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I485

i cant answer you but out of interest how long did the 140 process take?
Old Feb 13th 2011, 8:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

In the simplest terms, the I-140 determines if the job/employer/you on the job combination meets requirements.

The I-485 determines if you meet the requirements.

If the relationship is accurate and your have no ineligibilities, neither should be tough or problematic.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice

Congrats - you're almost there!

I filed I140 and I485 concurrently (just over 4 months ago) - my attorney also told me that I140 is the toughest one and that unless FBI checks uncover a bad past I485 is not an issue.

When did you file for I140?
Old Feb 13th 2011, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

arthur36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. I want to buy a house and I was going to wait until the GC came through, but I am tempted to buy earlier.

My I140 was filed in July 2009 and took almost exactly 6 months. I am assuming the I485 will take the same.