I140/485 filing

Old May 3rd 2011, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute
Default I140/485 filing

L1a expires August 30.
reside in Florida
about to file 140(EB1C) and 485 concurrently

my questions which i just cannot find a straght answer to on the USCIS website are

1. which office do we file at -one page says Neb one says Texas, and they have different porcessing times at present
2.what can/cant be filed at a lockbox, what are the advantages/disadvantages of using a lockbox and what are the times -cos I am blowed if i can see

trhanbks for any help
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I140/485 filing

You need to read the instructions carefully from four different places;

The form download pages for I-140 and I-485 AND the form's instructions themselves. On the I-485 download page it says "Petitioners filing Form I-485 with Form I-140 for “Skilled Workers” (Category “f” on Form I-140) must continue to file their petitions/applications at the USCIS Nebraska or Texas Service Centers, depending on the location of the beneficiary’s permanent employment."
I don't know if that covers your EB1C category or not.

The lockboxes are merely receiving stations and forward the applications & petitions to the correct service center. You don't get to choose which SC takes your case; you go to the one serving the location of your employer.
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that- I am filing under manager/exec have a horrible feeling its texas
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:34 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with Texas, it's like a whole 'nother country!

You can post links if you want us to look at other pages.
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

just a bit worried as texas under processing times says aug 27 2010 whereas neb is 4 months. i am guessing this means texas is 8 !!
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
just a bit worried as texas under processing times says aug 27 2010 whereas neb is 4 months. i am guessing this means texas is 8 !!
They're just reporting what is currently so. That can, and frequently does, change.
Besides, you don't get to choose, so it just "is". Ommm.
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:02 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

I would not go just on the dates, that probably means that some from that date have been worked on, not all.

My I-140 was filled @ the TSC on July 1st 2010 and is still pending (10 months later), according to USCIS via my Senator's office: "Records indicate the pending I-140 mentioned below is actively before an officer pending their decision. Please allow up to 30 days for a decision or notice of other action regarding this case."

But I was told that it had been assigned to an IO on the 2nd of March @ an Infopass on the 17th of March, so I really don't have any confidence in the statement above.

My 10 cents worth.
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice

Mine is at Texas and I have now been waiting 7 months so don't believe the Texas processing times!

They seem to have ground to a halt.
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:52 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

I find this link more helpful in understanding the delay, than the 2 month lagged dates they may be working on:

http://dashboard.uscis.gov/index.cfm...=5&charttype=1
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

janette is on a distinguished road

I am also in Florida and filed last year through Texas, so unless there has been a change, you will probably find that you have to do that too.
Old May 4th 2011, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

I appreciate all the replies. Can i ask if any of the respondents are a) on L1 visas and B) if so have your visas expired and if they have then what did you do?

mine runs out Aug 30 and we have been told that we get up to 240 days 'grace' whilst the Gc is being processed.

my concern is what if the GC takes longer

again any help much appreciated
Old May 4th 2011, 10:53 am
tht

I appreciate all the replies. Can i ask if any of the respondents are a) on L1 visas and B) if so have your visas expired and if they have then what did you do?

mine runs out Aug 30 and we have been told that we get up to 240 days 'grace' whilst the Gc is being processed.

my concern is what if the GC takes longer

again any help much appreciated
a) Yes, I am on an L1A, but it does not expire till 2013.

b) I have not heard of any 'grace' period, however if you file both your I-140 and I-485 together you can also file for Advance Parole and an EAD for free, mine took about 4 months to come, if you have these when your L1A expires you can work and travel with these. They were valid for 12 months and 2 years respectively. You could get these in 4 months if you filled ASAP, but it could be very tight now.
Old May 4th 2011, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks THT. the AP isnt a major worry as if i dont have to travel then I wont

the EAD is handier - if i read you right this can be for 2 years ?

however our I94s are only stamped until Aug 30 2011 -my concern is are we then 'over staying'
Old May 4th 2011, 11:03 am
tht

thanks THT. the AP isnt a major worry as if i dont have to travel then I wont

the EAD is handier - if i read you right this can be for 2 years ?

however our I94s are only stamped until Aug 30 2011 -my concern is are we then 'over staying'
Not sure how it works, maybe you would have to leave and re-enter on the AP, but I doubt it, I am not sure, but others will know.
Old May 4th 2011, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

janette is on a distinguished road

I was in the same position so I renewed L1A first and that gave me plenty of time. I didn't want to risk being out of staus because I do travel back to UK quite often. Didn't apply for EAD or AP, just used valid L1A until green card arrived.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.