Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I130 petition for parents - supporting docs

I130 petition for parents - supporting docs

Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice
Default I130 petition for parents - supporting docs

Hi,
I am in the process of applying for GCs for both my parents. On the I130 instructions it says that the required supporting documents includes a birth cert showing my name and my parents names. The prob is that my birth cert doesn't show my parents names! I'm sure I can't be the only one who has encountered this problem, although it does seem a little odd. Any comments/suggestions?
TIA!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I130 petition for parents - supporting docs

How can your BC not mention your parents? Isn't that the whole point of it? Sorry, not much help am I!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

mrssmith is on a distinguished road

If your from the UK originally you need to obtain a long birth certificate from the registrar of births in the Town/city that you were born. It costs £7.00 and will show both parents names. I did mine online, i however do live in the Uk still. Your parents could get one for you? Do not go with any of these online companies charging £15.00-£30.00..... All they do is obtain a copy for £7.00 and make a income from the charges presented to you.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrssmith
If your from the UK originally you need to obtain a long birth certificate from the registrar of births in the Town/city that you were born. It costs £7.00 and will show both parents names. I did mine online, i however do live in the Uk still. Your parents could get one for you? Do not go with any of these online companies charging £15.00-£30.00..... All they do is obtain a copy for £7.00 and make a income from the charges presented to you.
Thanks!! you're right - my Dad called and they said he can stop in and get a long version. Fancy that - I've gone through my whole life with 'half' a birth certificate! I can't believe I've gone this long and gotten this far! - hahahaha
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curlylocks
Thanks!! you're right - my Dad called and they said he can stop in and get a long version. Fancy that - I've gone through my whole life with 'half' a birth certificate! I can't believe I've gone this long and gotten this far! - hahahaha
Wasn't it required for your own case?
I thought at the visa/AOS application the beneficiary's BC was required?
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Wasn't it required for your own case?
I thought at the visa/AOS application the beneficiary's BC was required?
Hi:

Normally, the short form has been good enough for adjustment. The long form is needed for an I-130. Think of the purpose of submission of the BC in those circumstances.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curlylocks
Surprised that the USCIS didn't require it of you. Those of us going for the K-1 had to have a long form BC for the US Consulate interview.