I129F transferred (k1)

Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Alex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really nice
Default I129F transferred (k1)

My USC fiance filed the I129F using the address stated, he is based in Atlanta and the processing centre was stated as Dallas TX. We had confirmation that they received the petition and that they had forwarded it on to the Vermont Centre. We are just wondering if there could be any reason for this. We have a 7 year proved relationship and had filed tons of airfare tickets, photos of combined families and trips. I am UKC with three children, have 200k to take as "savings". Many Thanks, and ps I am assuming that I'm looking at a 6 month wait for an interview?
Old Jun 16th 2011, 2:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I129F transferred (k1)

Originally Posted by Alex3110
My USC fiance filed the I129F using the address stated, he is based in Atlanta and the processing centre was stated as Dallas TX. We had confirmation that they received the petition and that they had forwarded it on to the Vermont Centre. We are just wondering if there could be any reason for this. We have a 7 year proved relationship and had filed tons of airfare tickets, photos of combined families and trips. I am UKC with three children, have 200k to take as "savings". Many Thanks, and ps I am assuming that I'm looking at a 6 month wait for an interview?
It's common for service centers to send petitions elsewhere for adjudication if they are too busy to handle it. So no need to worry there.

You are probably looking at between 4 - 6 months for the I-129F approval alone. After that, another few months to get the visa application, medical, and K-1 interview done.

Rene
Old Jun 16th 2011, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Fiance petitions used to go directly to Vermont or California service centers depending on your state. Now there is a lockbox facility set up in the Dallas, TX area to receive all petitions, process the fees, and assemble the files.

From there most still go to VSC or CSC for processing just like before. It has nothing to do with your relationship or evidence. Nobody looks at that until they pick it up to make a decision 4.5-6 months from now. The TX lockbox facility just makes sure you sent the check, signed everything...included the basics. They don't evaluate your evidence.

I am assuming that I'm looking at a 6 month wait for an interview?
I'd guess 8 months, but don't plan a wedding. I've seen too many people who thought 8 months was plenty of time that didn't make it.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Alex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Moxie
Fiance petitions used to go directly to Vermont or California service centers depending on your state. Now there is a lockbox facility set up in the Dallas, TX area to receive all petitions, process the fees, and assemble the files.

From there most still go to VSC or CSC for processing just like before. It has nothing to do with your relationship or evidence. Nobody looks at that until they pick it up to make a decision 4.5-6 months from now. The TX lockbox facility just makes sure you sent the check, signed everything...included the basics. They don't evaluate your evidence.

I'd guess 8 months, but don't plan a wedding. I've seen too many people who thought 8 months was plenty of time that didn't make it.
Thank you for your replies, very reassuring, was a little worried we had started out wrong by sending it to the wrong place! I think I will need 8 months to at least sell my house with the current housing market! I did read on a k1 thread previously that my fiance should receive notice that the petition has gone to London and that came after 5 weeks roughly of notice that it had been received, but now I assume that we shouldn't expect to hear a peep for a few months? Should I be doing anything in the meantime like downloading the relevent "packet 3" forms, I have already sent off the police certs and have had immunizations done (more needed for AOS but free to have done at my GP surgery now!). Anything else that you feel I should be gathering? Thank you again, its been helpful reading the useful answers on many of the threads!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I did read on a k1 thread previously that my fiance should receive notice that the petition has gone to London and that came after 5 weeks roughly of notice that it had been received...
This does not sound correct. It will definitely be more than 5 weeks from filing I-129F to having your case sent to London. Perhaps what you read said that it took 5 weeks from I-129F approval to having the case sent to London? That sounds more realistic.

...but now I assume that we shouldn't expect to hear a peep for a few months?
The USC should be an NOA1 which is a Notice of Action stating that USCIS received the I-129F petition. Somewhere from 4 - 6 months later, the USC should get an NOA2, which is a Notice of Action stating USCIS approved the I-129F. Some weeks after that, the USC might get a notice from NVC that the case has been forwarded to London, but not everyone gets this notice.

Should I be doing anything in the meantime like downloading the relevent "packet 3" forms, I have already sent off the police certs and have had immunizations done (more needed for AOS but free to have done at my GP surgery now!). Anything else that you feel I should be gathering? Thank you again, its been helpful reading the useful answers on many of the threads!
Yes, you can download and fill out (or at least get familiar with) the K-1 visa applications (packet 3 forms). The USC can start preparing the I-134 affidavit of support, but wait to send it to you with current proof of income closer to when your interview date will be.

Rene
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
This does not sound correct. It will definitely be more than 5 weeks from filing I-129F to having your case sent to London. Perhaps what you read said that it took 5 weeks from I-129F approval to having the case sent to London? That sounds more realistic.

The USC should be an NOA1 which is a Notice of Action stating that USCIS received the I-129F petition. Somewhere from 4 - 6 months later, the USC should get an NOA2, which is a Notice of Action stating USCIS approved the I-129F. Some weeks after that, the USC might get a notice from NVC that the case has been forwarded to London, but not everyone gets this notice.

Yes, you can download and fill out (or at least get familiar with) the K-1 visa applications (packet 3 forms). The USC can start preparing the I-134 affidavit of support, but wait to send it to you with current proof of income closer to when your interview date will be.

Rene
Thank you, this makes it really clear! I will copy the above thread information to my fiance too. I am over in the US 18Jul on the VWP (having read other threads I'm confident this is allowed!) with my children, not sure if at the border desk whether I should say anything different other than I'm here to see my boyfriend as am worried if I say fiance this time they may think I might be over for a quick marriage and try and stay which of course I wouldnt be so crazy as to jeopardize what we have established so far! I can prove return ticket and of course I have job and property here! Thoughts?
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, this makes it really clear! I will copy the above thread information to my fiance too. I am over in the US 18Jul on the VWP (having read other threads I'm confident this is allowed!) with my children, not sure if at the border desk whether I should say anything different other than I'm here to see my boyfriend as am worried if I say fiance this time they may think I might be over for a quick marriage and try and stay which of course I wouldnt be so crazy as to jeopardize what we have established so far! I can prove return ticket and of course I have job and property here! Thoughts?
Perhaps that last question should be a new thread??!
Old Jun 18th 2011, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps that last question should be a new thread??!
I don't think so.

The question is: how do you prove you don't intend to stay? Quite simply, you can't... insofar as it's impossible to prove a negative. So, the best you can do is bring proof of your intent to return - proof of a mortgage, a letter from your employer with a specific date of your expected return... stuff like that - stuff that shows your ongoing connection to the UK.

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I don't think so.

The question is: how do you prove you don't intend to stay? Quite simply, you can't... insofar as it's impossible to prove a negative. So, the best you can do is bring proof of your intent to return - proof of a mortgage, a letter from your employer with a specific date of your expected return... stuff like that - stuff that shows your ongoing connection to the UK.

Ian
Great Ian, I will take a copy of my mortgage statement too, I'm self employed in accounts but my main client could write a letter that to their knowledge I have said I will work for them until next year when my my k1 visa would possibly be at interview stage. its a great relief knowing this forum is here, its quite daunting to know there are a fair amount of forms to come, and I dont feel quite so edgy knowing I have experience on hand to tap into!
Old Jun 19th 2011, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm self employed in accounts but my main client could write a letter that to their knowledge I have said I will work for them until next year when my my k1 visa would possibly be at interview stage.
Respectfully, a letter from a client would be meaningless! However, a letter from your employer on letterhead would likely do the trick. Yes, I realize you're self-employed... so it should be very easy for your employer to write something!

Ian
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Respectfully, a letter from a client would be meaningless! However, a letter from your employer on letterhead would likely do the trick. Yes, I realize you're self-employed... so it should be very easy for your employer to write something!

Ian
Ha very funny! May I just ask a completely unrelated question, I can not upload a profile image, it is below 64KB as stated but when I go to save changes it simply says file upload failed..Its annoying me now!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 5:38 pm

Ha very funny! May I just ask a completely unrelated question, I can not upload a profile image, it is below 64KB as stated but when I go to save changes it simply says file upload failed..Its annoying me now!
We have a "Site Feedback" forum for you to ask your technical questions in:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...aysprune=&f=63

Thanks,
Rene
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It also has to meet the pixel size.
http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
19. Avatars
Avatars fall under the same guidelines as printed text and must comply with those guidelines. The maximum size for avatars is 65 x 65 pixels or 32.0 KB. (For Premium members the maximum size of your custom image is 90 by 90 pixels or 40.0 KB, whichever is smaller). Avatars are not to contain nude body parts, sexually-orientated or violent graphics and should not be used as an advertising medium.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
It also has to meet the pixel size.
http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
19. Avatars
Avatars fall under the same guidelines as printed text and must comply with those guidelines. The maximum size for avatars is 65 x 65 pixels or 32.0 KB. (For Premium members the maximum size of your custom image is 90 by 90 pixels or 40.0 KB, whichever is smaller). Avatars are not to contain nude body parts, sexually-orientated or violent graphics and should not be used as an advertising medium.
Ta-Dah!!! Voila, thanks! I now have a face! I am preparing to send off for the police certificates and I see anyone over 16 must have one. I'm 37, my son is 17, but my daughter is 15 at present yet by the time the interview may come round January she will turn 16 (Jan14), will they then want one or does it only count at the time of the medical? I may dedicate this thread to my journey as I have seen some others do!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Ta-Dah!!! Voila, thanks! I now have a face! I am preparing to send off for the police certificates and I see anyone over 16 must have one. I'm 37, my son is 17, but my daughter is 15 at present yet by the time the interview may come round January she will turn 16 (Jan14), will they then want one or does it only count at the time of the medical? I may dedicate this thread to my journey as I have seen some others do!
Well hi there!

About the police certificate, I have a feeling it is going to come down to your judgment call. The instructions read both ways, which means that a CO could interpret either way. Keep in mind that you do not actually make your visa application until the day you all appear in person (the interview).

You can do one or more of the following:
-Research the portion of law covering this, to determine specifically yes/no.
-Decide to wing it, the CO will tell you at interview if something is missing and they need it. You'll have an option to send it in after the interview.
-Decide you'd rather just play it safe and swallow the money it will cost, even if it is not needed.

One specific thing jumped out to me here, how about for you?
"Police Certificates for the United Kingdom: A visa applicant who has resided in the United Kingdom for 6 months or more since the age of 16, is required to obtain a police certificate from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO). "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.