Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I want to move to america from England

I want to move to america from England

Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

davida50000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I want to move to america from England

Hi, i am only 15 years old. I think if i really try, then i can convince my mum to move to America.

She has a degree in Law, but she graduated from that about 5 years ago, she is now teaching in colleges, teaching Law.

I know that having a degree in law could get her pretty far in America (i hope). Even if it was a few years back.

I would really love to move, but i am scared about the difference. I actually speak to people from america every day that are the same age as me.

I am more scared of the schools, i dont know what to expect, and America seems to work at a higher levels in schools that we do in England, so i dont want to go over there and have no idea what is going on.

That is all i am really scared of to be honest, but i just dont know what to do

Can anyone give me any advise, i would really appreciate it

Thanks,

- David
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:55 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to move to america from England

playing online games with people from the US on US servers is not going to give an accurate representation about living in the US.

What do you think you are going to get by living here that you cant get in lancashire?

What benefit to your mum is there to uproot her to the US? What about the rest of your family?

She would not be able to work as a lawyer over here without considerable retraining (time and large cost)?

She is very very unlikely to get a visa to let her come over here in any case unless you have some special trick up your sleeve (like a US father or she works for a US multinational firm who might be willing to transfer her).

I think you should turn your efforts to getting the best from your situation and education in the UK - as there is not going to be a move to the US any time soon.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Crushed lol
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:02 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry.

If YOU really want to move to the US then your best bet is to get a good education and work had at your own future job/career. Then you yourself maybe able to get a transfer from a large multinational firm or find a firm willing to sponsor you in your own right. Bear in mind you will have to be very good at your job for them to be willing to bear the cost of it.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

[And we have big snakes and really nasty bugs ..its great ..
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

I feel like i am missing out on so much then lol.

Snakes dont bother me, spiders are about the only thing that do, but i would learn to live with it :P

- David
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:38 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davida50000
I feel like i am missing out on so much then lol.

Snakes dont bother me, spiders are about the only thing that do, but i would learn to live with it :P

- David
MsElui gave you good advice ...education education education ..get that degree..first ..
Old Jul 26th 2008, 4:53 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought of going to school here? If you can swing the financial bit, you could spend 4 years at Uni in America on a student visa, which is a bit easier than the work visa to obtain.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 9:32 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

To davida50000:

Since you're still a kid (minor in American English), your Mum will have to be the one to apply for both of you to move to the US. You can't do it on your own (because of your age).

If your Mum is serious about moving you both to the US, she's welcome to join BE and post messages.

In the meantime, if you want to post on BE, please do so in the The Youth Club.

This thread is now closed.