I need some help please...

Old Jul 10th 2007, 9:57 am
Just Joined

glacierman100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need some help please...

Hi there!

I'm currently living in the south of France, but I'm selling up here (what with the work situation, and the language). I'm going to move back to the UK but I do not intend to stay long. My mother wants to move from the UK, and so do I, after my father died she's been lost and she tried france for a while, but it didn't work for her (she's 56 and can't learn French quickly enough). We want to relocate to Florida, and I just don't know where to start. I have a 6 month tourist visa for the US, and we wanted to know, if we sell up everything in the UK and France, pool all our income, change it to dollars and buy a house in Florida, will we automatically be allowed to live in the US if our savings is over a certain level?

I would like help please regarding this....I am 29, I do not have a degree, but I am a qualified glazier, I know for Australia that would be enough to get me in there, but is it enough for the US?

Finally, we have 2 dogs, how easy is it for them to be allowed in? They've had all the injections and the pet passport.

Thanks guys, I appreciate any help you can provide
Cheers

David
Valence, France
Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need some help please...

Originally Posted by glacierman100
Hi there!

I'm currently living in the south of France, but I'm selling up here (what with the work situation, and the language). I'm going to move back to the UK but I do not intend to stay long. My mother wants to move from the UK, and so do I, after my father died she's been lost and she tried france for a while, but it didn't work for her (she's 56 and can't learn French quickly enough). We want to relocate to Florida, and I just don't know where to start. I have a 6 month tourist visa for the US, and we wanted to know, if we sell up everything in the UK and France, pool all our income, change it to dollars and buy a house in Florida, will we automatically be allowed to live in the US if our savings is over a certain level?

I would like help please regarding this....I am 29, I do not have a degree, but I am a qualified glazier, I know for Australia that would be enough to get me in there, but is it enough for the US?

Finally, we have 2 dogs, how easy is it for them to be allowed in? They've had all the injections and the pet passport.

Cheers

David
Valence, France

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Buying a house in the US will not give you leave to remain in the US. The above list will give you a criteria you need to meet
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:24 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!

Cheers

David
Valence, France
You might want to start exploring other countries as possibilities. US Immigration is about as difficult as it gets..
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:02 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Oz is nice! Seriously, the US may look inviting. But unless you fit into one of the immigration niches (which certainly isn't given in your post), you will find it almost impossible to obtain a suitable visa that will allow you to live here permanently.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Oz is nice! Seriously, the US may look inviting. But unless you fit into one of the immigration niches (which certainly isn't given in your post), you will find it almost impossible to obtain a suitable visa that will allow you to live here permanently.
Thanks for your advise....I have been thinking of Oz as under my skills, I will automatically be allowed into the country, I need to seriously sit down and think about this....but it's a shame, from what I read, the only way I could come into the country would be under the "investor" section, as we are selling a lot of houses in the UK and 1 in France, but if my mother can go in under that criteria, and I can't, it's no use....once I'm over there, wherever "there" would be, I want to be able to hit the road running and work full time. If I can only come in as a tourist then it's no use. I like the US too!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your advise....I have been thinking of Oz as under my skills, I will automatically be allowed into the country, I need to seriously sit down and think about this....but it's a shame, from what I read, the only way I could come into the country would be under the "investor" section, as we are selling a lot of houses in the UK and 1 in France, but if my mother can go in under that criteria, and I can't, it's no use....once I'm over there, wherever "there" would be, I want to be able to hit the road running and work full time. If I can only come in as a tourist then it's no use. I like the US too!
You could get an E-2 visa if you buy a small business
http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html
Old Jul 10th 2007, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
You could get an E-2 visa if you buy a small business
http://www.investorvisausa.com/index.html
thanks for that rav, it's for sure something to think about.....