I need HELP please

Old Mar 1st 2002, 9:05 pm
Mrspilock

Default I need HELP please

I am currently living in the UK (american), I have a residents visa, that took
about 10 months to get, i got married whilst on a tourist visa.I have been in the
UK for 3 years.

My English husband and i have decided we want to live in the States. He has two
childeren he has custody of and they have decided to stay in the UK with their
mother. comes to my first question.

1. How difficult will it be to bring them to the states at a later date if they
decided to come and live with us.? ages 14 and 13

I have downloaded all these forms from the web. first the I-130. i have filled this
out and have all the copies of the documents they have asked for. except for my
divorce papers from my first marriage, are they necessary? i have divorce papers
from my second marriage. (this is my 3rd marriage, first didn't really count) . Will
i send in this form I-130 alone with copies of documents or is any other form
reequired with it?

2. Affidavit of support....i have been out of the US for 3 years , i sold all my
assets to come to the UK. i have not filed a tax return since 1999. my husband
and i have a bungalow we plan to sell. but it is not in my name. will this count
on my affidavit of support?

3. I can possibly get a co-sponsor. my son whom makes about 23,000 dollars per year
only in the last year as he has been attending college. owns no property lives
with my mother. would he be a good candidate? My mother which is retired and
recieves about 16,000 dollars per year and owns her home and property. would she
be a good candidate? My friend whom has just retired from a job and will not have
an income after this month, and made about 40,000. per year before retirement
owns no property; would she be a good candidate?

its very hard to ask someone to sign an affidavit. it seems as they are obligated to
take care of this person.

We both intend to work when we get that as soon as possible

Biografical informationn does it need to be filed or brought to the INS?

Medical forms need to be filed or brought to the INS?

I am so confused. as i am sure you can tell, Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Debbie Hyatt Lincolnshire UK

Old Mar 2nd 2002, 12:36 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need HELP please

Debbie

Yes you are confused ;-) But that is the normal state of mind when starting this process. I have placed my answers, such as they are, within your post itself marked off with asteriks. May I urge you to read, read, read before you take on any more confusions issues.

Since you are a legal resident of England, you are eligible to do DCF (direct consular filing) and will not be using the INS in the US at all but the Consulate itself. They are the ones that you will get your applications from, etc.

Here is a link to Ameriscot's site. She and her has set it up for people such as yourself. They, too, did the DCF through London.

http://www.ameriscot.com/i130

Also go to the Doc Steen site, accept the disclaimer and read up on DCF filing there as well.

http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

Originally posted by Mrspilock

My English husband and i have decided we want to live in the States. He has two
childeren he has custody of and they have decided to stay in the UK with their
mother. comes to my first question.

1. How difficult will it be to bring them to the states at a later date if they
decided to come and live with us.? ages 14 and 13

As the USC you would have to apply for them via an I-130 filed within the US. Timeline for that would about a year for completion.
I have downloaded all these forms from the web. first the I-130. i have filled this out and have all the copies of the documents they have asked for. except for my divorce papers from my first marriage, are they necessary? i have divorce papers
from my second marriage. (this is my 3rd marriage, first didn't really count) . Will i send in this form I-130 alone with copies of documents or is any other form reequired with it?

All marriage and divorce decrees from past marriages of both parties are required. At least they are for the Fiancee Visa.

2. Affidavit of support....i have been out of the US for 3 years , i sold all my
assets to come to the UK. i have not filed a tax return since 1999. my husband
and i have a bungalow we plan to sell. but it is not in my name. will this count
on my affidavit of support?

As a USC you are required to file a Federal return regardless of where you live in the world.

3. I can possibly get a co-sponsor. my son whom makes about 23,000 dollars per year
only in the last year as he has been attending college. owns no property lives
with my mother. would he be a good candidate? My mother which is retired and
recieves about 16,000 dollars per year and owns her home and property. would she
be a good candidate? My friend whom has just retired from a job and will not have
an income after this month, and made about 40,000. per year before retirement
owns no property; would she be a good candidate?

The person sponsoring your husband has to earn 125% of the poverty guidelines for a family which includes themselves, any dependents and your husband. Any assets used has to be 5 times the amount required under the 125% rule, i.e. if you need 18,100 in income then assets would have to total $90,500.
Biografical informationn does it need to be filed or brought to the INS?

Medical forms need to be filed or brought to the INS?

Nothing is brought to the INS. They are sent to the US Consulate in London after you have started the direct consular filing process.

I am so confused. as i am sure you can tell, Any help would be appreciated.

regards

Debbie Hyatt Lincolnshire UK