Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I have a question about Fingerprints:

I have a question about Fingerprints:

Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:33 am
bethpg2005

Default I have a question about Fingerprints:

Hi everyone. I sent my N400 on 11/10/2005 to the Nebraska Service Centre. I live in Washington State so my district office is Seattle. I received a receipt from NSC with a priority date of 11/14/2005. But I have still not received my fingerprint notice. I have noticed that most people are getting their fingerprint notice within 1 month of their priority date receipt. I'm getting pretty worried now. Is it normal for the FP notice to take so long? I hope it didn't get lost in the mail. We live a pretty long way away from the Seattle office, so making an infopass apt. is our last choice of action.

Does the Nebraska Service Centre send the FP notice or does it come from the DO, in my case, Seattle? I see Seattle is movng very fast, already processing N400 from August 29 2005.

Last edited by bethpg2005; Dec 24th 2005 at 2:46 am.

Old Dec 24th 2005, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a question about Fingerprints:

Originally Posted by bethpg2005
Is it normal for the FP notice to take so long?
I can't speak for the Seattle office, but my FP notice took about 6 weeks and I was printed at an Application Support Center. In my case, the ASC was in a different state, but it was closer to me than my DO! I'm sure there's a seasonal slow down due to both the Thanksgiving holidays and now the Christmas holidays. Good luck.

Ian
Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:19 pm
AceMST3K

I live in the seattle area, sent in my N400 late Oct to Nebraska, i received
my FP notice 3 weeks later from the Seattle office (i think 11/11/05 was the
priority date), and had fingerprinting on 12/06/05. A week ago my interview
notice came, it's for is 2/2/06.
Your FP notice should arrive very soon. Good Luck!

"bethpg2005" <member45376@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > Hi everyone. I sent my N400 on 11/10/2005 to the Nebraska Service
    > Centre. I live in Washington State so my district office is Seattle. I
    > received a receipt from NSC with a priority date of 11/14/2005. But I
    > have still not received my fingerprint notice. I have noticed that most
    > people are getting their fingerprint notice within 1 month of their
    > priority date receipt. I'm getting pretty worried now. Is it normal for
    > the FP notice to take so long? I hope it didn't get lost in the mail. We
    > live a pretty long way away from the Seattle office, so making an
    > infopass apt. is our last choice of action.
    > Does the Nebraska Service Centre send the FP notice or does it come from
    > the DO, in my case, Seattle? I see Seattle is movng very fast - already
    > processing N400 from August 29 2005.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 25th 2005, 8:52 pm
bethpg2005

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I can't speak for the Seattle office, but my FP notice took about 6 weeks and I was printed at an Application Support Center. In my case, the ASC was in a different state, but it was closer to me than my DO! I'm sure there's a seasonal slow down due to both the Thanksgiving holidays and now the Christmas holidays. Good luck.

Ian
Thank you both for your replies. Ian, maybe it's delayed because I am applying through the Seattle office, but I live in southern Washington on the Oregon border and the attorney I spoke to said they will probably schedule my FP appointment at the Portland DO.

Old Dec 25th 2005, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both for your replies. Ian, maybe it's delayed because I am applying through the Seattle office, but I live in southern Washington on the Oregon border and the attorney I spoke to said they will probably schedule my FP appointment at the Portland DO.
Hi:

The "border" areas of districts can get downright weird at times, no? Vancouver, WA is in the jurisdiction of Seattle even though it is pretty much a suburb of Portland, OR. Frazier Park, CA is in the jurisdiction of the Fresno Sub-office of San Francisco. However, Gorman, CA, a mile away is within the jurisidiction of downtown Los Angeles. Paso Robles is a lot closer to Fresno than to its district office of Los Angeles.

A friend of mine who lives in Bakersfield is successful in getting Removal cases filed in Los Angeles even though it is in the jurisidction of EOIR-San Francisco -- LA is half the distance!
Old Dec 26th 2005, 1:19 am
bethpg2005

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

The "border" areas of districts can get downright weird at times, no? Vancouver, WA is in the jurisdiction of Seattle even though it is pretty much a suburb of Portland, OR. Frazier Park, CA is in the jurisdiction of the Fresno Sub-office of San Francisco. However, Gorman, CA, a mile away is within the jurisidiction of downtown Los Angeles. Paso Robles is a lot closer to Fresno than to its district office of Los Angeles.

A friend of mine who lives in Bakersfield is successful in getting Removal cases filed in Los Angeles even though it is in the jurisidction of EOIR-San Francisco -- LA is half the distance!
Does this mean I might go to the Portland DO for my interview too?

Old Dec 26th 2005, 1:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean I might go to the Portland DO for my interview too?
Probably not! The ASCs and DOs often cover different geographic regions. My fingerprinting was done in Charleston, WV... my interview was in Louisville, KY.

Ian
Old Dec 26th 2005, 3:53 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Probably not! The ASCs and DOs often cover different geographic regions. My fingerprinting was done in Charleston, WV... my interview was in Louisville, KY.

Ian

Such is life for those in the fly-overs!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

lovenlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

We originally lived in VA and our case(s) were dealt with in the Washington DC district office in Arlington VA (recently moved to Fairfax VA), we moved to WVa and now our district office is Pittsburg PA, over 5 hours away, where as the DC office is only 2 hours away from where we live now. We have to traverse 4 states to get to the Pittsburg office, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, then Pennsylvania.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 8:20 pm
bethpg2005

Talking Re: I have a question about Fingerprints:

Originally Posted by lovenlife
We originally lived in VA and our case(s) were dealt with in the Washington DC district office in Arlington VA (recently moved to Fairfax VA), we moved to WVa and now our district office is Pittsburg PA, over 5 hours away, where as the DC office is only 2 hours away from where we live now. We have to traverse 4 states to get to the Pittsburg office, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, then Pennsylvania.
Thank you all for responding to my post. You guys are so knowledgable (sic), and I am so grateful that there are messageboards liek this online. WTH did we do before the internet?

Old Dec 31st 2005, 3:34 am
bethpg2005

Unhappy Re: I have a question about Fingerprints:

Update: Still no fingerprint notice. And I'll tell you why I am so worried, because the Seattle Office is now processing cases for 29 Aug 2005, and I sent my application in on the 11/10/2005 with a PD of 11/14/2005.

My question is this: what happens if I don't get my fingerprint notice by the time the Seattle Office is scheduling N400 interviews for my priority date of 11/14/2005 - will I just be lost in the system? I live in Southern Washington and was told by an attorney that my fingerprint notice will be scheduled at the Portland office. Portland are quite far behind Seattle in processing times.

I have been trying to make an infopass appt. to find out what to do, but Infopass has been offline for the past week. I also tried the 1-800 number the whole day, tried every menu option and still couldn't get through to a live person.

I have heard of some people being stuck in an N400 delay for years and I hope I am not going to be one of them because my fingerprint notice hasn't been sent to me.

Sorry for posting about this again I am just worried and a bit paranoid after reading some forums.

Last edited by bethpg2005; Dec 31st 2005 at 3:41 am.