I Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:43 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Default I Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 2 loooonnngg years and much heartache I got my green card visa issued today at the London Embassy! I'm the proud owner of a brown envelope and a visa that looks like an over-large banknote with my photo on it!

It really wasn't anything traumatic at all and they didn't even look at half the stuff I took! As for the criminal record thingy that I was so worried about, well I listed my traffic violations and the fact that I had once been arrested and they never even glanced at it or mentioned it. My court records remained unviewed in my folder! I promise to write up my experience just as soon as I hit the red wine! The most traumatic part was having to wear that awful paper gown at Dr Phelan's!

Want to send out a BIG thank you to all, particularly Ingo and Folinskyinla who were a HUGE help in my darkest hours of doubt. You both deserve medals for the service to humankind that you undertake in here every day. Bless you. And to all my friends and the kindness you've shown I send big hugs...you know who you are. All I wish for now is that each and every one of you will make it through this traumatic process and achieve your dreams. Don't give up. If I can do it so can you...only hopefully in a shorter timeframe!

I shall still hang around this board now I'll be a real ex-pat! I'll be proud to help out people who are just starting this process if I can. This board is so important and I recognize the need to give back. Of course now I'll have nothing to worry about, and those that know me know that I'm not happy unless I have something to worry about. Maybe I can take on other people's worries and worry for them? LOL. I'll be a surrogate worrier!

Oh jezus! Now I have to blooming pack! *silent scream*
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of

congrats to you!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:47 pm
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HUGE congratulations Rockgurl! I came in to your story at the half-way mark, but I have been keeping those fingers crossed for you ever since!!!!

Good luck going forward and much happiness to you and your partner
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

girlyflyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rockgurl

Rock on Rockgurl!!!! Yeah for you!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 3:57 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rockgurl!! You sound ecstatic, and with much reason to be!

Juliet
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your success. We, the US, look forward to adding one more RN to our rank and file.

I have a question for you, however. You mention your greencard was issued today. How did you get a greencard already? Does your field of employment mean that you are in a select group to be issued greencards upon finding employment in your field in the US. Or, do you mean that you were issued an H-1B work visa and from that point on can apply for adjustment of status with the assistance of your employer?

Rete
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default green card

Congrats Rockgurl!!!And as a Nurse ofcourse i wana find out how was the NCLEX test?I m planning to start working as a CNA first.Any advice?
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Congrats. Where did you end up getting a job?
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

After 2 loooonnngg years and much heartache I got my green card visa issued today at the London Embassy! I'm the proud owner of a brown envelope and a visa that looks like an over-large banknote with my photo on it!

It really wasn't anything traumatic at all and they didn't even look at half the stuff I took! As for the criminal record thingy that I was so worried about, well I listed my traffic violations and the fact that I had once been arrested and they never even glanced at it or mentioned it. My court records remained unviewed in my folder! I promise to write up my experience just as soon as I hit the red wine! The most traumatic part was having to wear that awful paper gown at Dr Phelan's!

Want to send out a BIG thank you to all, particularly Ingo and Folinskyinla who were a HUGE help in my darkest hours of doubt. You both deserve medals for the service to humankind that you undertake in here every day. Bless you. And to all my friends and the kindness you've shown I send big hugs...you know who you are. All I wish for now is that each and every one of you will make it through this traumatic process and achieve your dreams. Don't give up. If I can do it so can you...only hopefully in a shorter timeframe!

I shall still hang around this board now I'll be a real ex-pat! I'll be proud to help out people who are just starting this process if I can. This board is so important and I recognize the need to give back. Of course now I'll have nothing to worry about, and those that know me know that I'm not happy unless I have something to worry about. Maybe I can take on other people's worries and worry for them? LOL. I'll be a surrogate worrier!

Totally rad, party on dudette!
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

denno is an unknown quantity at this point

Waheeeyyy!!!!!

I'm very happy for you Rockgurl!!! Sit down, deep breath.... it's finally all over.

Rock on.

D.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!! :-)
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!

Elaine
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:26 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much everybody! I am so ecstatic! I'm hitting the red wine already and I never drink so I'm sure I shall slide off my chair very soon! LOL.

Rete...I haven't actually got the plastic greencard yet, but I have the unconditional permanent resident immigrant visa because of my job. My employers provided a letter of support. Nurses and doctors are the only ones who can get a green card through employment (I believe). They made me sign something saying I am entering the country specifically to take up employment and I have to promise to turn up and start the job as arranged.

DCMark...I have a job in Intensive Care in Phoenix, Arizona. Start on December 15th.

cutenurse..the NCLEX was hard but if you do enough practice questions you can get through it. I did 6000 in the 6 months leading up to the exam. I wouldn't bother going the CNA route. Aim high. Take the NCLEX and get a good nursing job, specifically in ICU, CCU, ER, or one of the specialties. That's where the big bucks are. RNs have a status and it's something you earn. The reward is a green card. Go for it. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 4:32 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Rete...I haven't actually got the plastic greencard yet, but I have the unconditional permanent resident immigrant visa because of my job. My employers provided a letter of support. Nurses and doctors are the only ones who can get a green card through employment (I believe). They made me sign something saying I am entering the country specifically to take up employment and I have to promise to turn up and start the job as arranged.

Actually all work visas (H-1B) are eligible for employer sponsored residency (greencard) if the employer is willing. They are dual purpose visas. Yours is the first I heard of getting residency status without first working for x number of years.

Did the "contract" also note how long you had to hold the position you originally accepted or can you change employment after 6 months, a year, whatever?

Congrats once again.

Rete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.