i am very confused

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about
Default i am very confused

is it neccessary to apply for EAD even though when coming to the US as a K-3 visa holder, the immigrant is entitled to work? i am really confused about this.

K3 status is available those with currently pending petitions as well as those who apply in the future. A K3 visa allows a person to work in the US.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

xiomi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i am very confused

Originally posted by lfaridi
is it neccessary to apply for EAD even though when coming to the US as a K-3 visa holder, the immigrant is entitled to work? i am really confused about this.

K3 status is available those with currently pending petitions as well as those who apply in the future. A K3 visa allows a person to work in the US.
Yes, it is necessary to apply in order to get the EAD card so the k3 holder can work. The EAD card allows you to get an SS number which in turn gives you the necessary documents to apply for employment.

See the MSC EAD roll call thread for more info.
There are a few of us in there with timelines for the entire procedure. Believe me, none of us would apply for things we don't need. This process is too cumbersome to waste any time intervals in.

Hope this helps!!

Xiomi