I am so stupid

Old Dec 5th 2002, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

JuMu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I am so stupid

Hi,

yesterday in the evening my husband and I were planning our trip to the fingerprinting office in Burien (Seattle) on friday.
A long time after receiving the appointment letter I looked at it, and..
OUCH...
I missed my fingerprinting appointment.
It was scheduled for yesterday at noon, we were both so sure it was friday the 6th.
The letter says if you dont show up without rescheduling the appointment your petition is abbandoned. (scary!!)
We decided to drive there today when they open and see what we can do.
Well.. everyone who ever dealed with the INS can imagine how sleepless a night can be after discovering this.

So we arrived there today about 8AM, prepared to be sent back to the main office in downtown, or get a new date that is during the time I was planning to stay in Germany and have to reschedule my flight.

Long story short end:
THEY LET ME DO THE FINGERPRINTING TODAY
yahooooooo.... horraaayy...
Most amazing thing, first time ever I got a receipt from the INS.

Man, I never was so happy!
JuMu
Old Dec 5th 2002, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh! Does that mean human beings are actually employed at the INS??? LOL

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Dec 5th 2002, 5:02 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I am so stupid

Originally posted by JuMu
Hi,

yesterday in the evening my husband and I were planning our trip to the fingerprinting office in Burien (Seattle) on friday.
A long time after receiving the appointment letter I looked at it, and..
OUCH...
I missed my fingerprinting appointment.
It was scheduled for yesterday at noon, we were both so sure it was friday the 6th.
The letter says if you dont show up without rescheduling the appointment your petition is abbandoned. (scary!!)
We decided to drive there today when they open and see what we can do.
Well.. everyone who ever dealed with the INS can imagine how sleepless a night can be after discovering this.

So we arrived there today about 8AM, prepared to be sent back to the main office in downtown, or get a new date that is during the time I was planning to stay in Germany and have to reschedule my flight.

Long story short end:
THEY LET ME DO THE FINGERPRINTING TODAY
yahooooooo.... horraaayy...
Most amazing thing, first time ever I got a receipt from the INS.

Man, I never was so happy!
JuMu
Hi JuMu,
Glad to hear they accommodated you with your fingerprinting today. I don't have a copy of Seattle's FP appointment notice letter in front of me (the format of the FP appointment letter is different at various INS offices), but on many INS FP appointment letters it will give a specific date for the FP's to be taken, or it will give a certain week long period (window) in which the person is to go in for his or her FP's.

Quite often the letter will say that if someone can't make it on the date (or the week) assigned to them, that they can go in on any Wednesday, up until a certain date (usually around a month and a half I believe... but going from memory here so I could be a little off on that) to have it done. Not all letters say this, but a high percentage of them do.

And the FP appt. letters usually all give the warning about not showing up... that the case could be denied. I've not heard of an AOS denial yet for this (where they eventually did get the FP's taken, but on some day "other" than the one originally assigned), and I think that would probably only likely happen if someone showed up to the AOS interview and they had missed their FP appt and never had them done (and even then, they might still give them a chance to get them done).

I know you don't need that information now, JuMu; but I though it might be interesting to others who read your posting and who still have their FP appointments in front of them.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Dec 5th 2002, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

JuMu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I am so stupid

Hi Matthew,
yes, the letter had all kinds of warnings on it.
And it was set for a specific date and time.

There were two checkboxes for rescheduling, where I could choose either a wednesday or a saturday for a new appointment.
There was no space left to fill in a date or period for when you would like to have the new appointment set.
It said to send it in for rescheduling.

The reasons I went there in person were:
- panic about the warnings (usually you reschedule before the date)
- my planned trip to Germany on Tuesday, I was trying to find out if there is a way to do it before or after this trip.

Hope this may help.
Usually my husband makes jokes about how German I am, being 200% reliable, never forget anything... lol

Greetings
JuMu

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Hi JuMu,
Glad to hear they accommodated you with your fingerprinting today. I don't have a copy of Seattle's FP appointment notice letter in front of me (the format of the FP appointment letter is different at various INS offices), but on many INS FP appointment letters it will give a specific date for the FP's to be taken, or it will give a certain week long period (window) in which the person is to go in for his or her FP's.

Quite often the letter will say that if someone can't make it on the date (or the week) assigned to them, that they can go in on any Wednesday, up until a certain date (usually around a month and a half I believe... but going from memory here so I could be a little off on that) to have it done. Not all letters say this, but a high percentage of them do.

And the FP appt. letters usually all give the warning about not showing up... that the case could be denied. I've not heard of an AOS denial yet for this (where they eventually did get the FP's taken, but on some day "other" than the one originally assigned), and I think that would probably only likely happen if someone showed up to the AOS interview and they had missed their FP appt and never had them done (and even then, they might still give them a chance to get them done).

I know you don't need that information now, JuMu; but I though it might be interesting to others who read your posting and who still have their FP appointments in front of them.

Regards,
Matthew Udall
Attorney
http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/fiancee.htm
Old Dec 5th 2002, 6:00 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I preferred the old photo of you Matthew, this one of you wearing a toga is bit OTT (glad to see the goatee has gone though)
Old Dec 5th 2002, 6:21 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
I preferred the old photo of you Matthew, this one of you wearing a toga is bit OTT (glad to see the goatee has gone though)
Ha! Good one (laughed when I read it). Ok, here is a different photo for today. Rather small, but the size limit is there after all. This is one of the main buildings on Ellis Island, and the little figure in the shadows is me (without the toga, and without the goatee).

M.U.