Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

i-90 works if u enterd usa after 2nd anniversary?

i-90 works if u enterd usa after 2nd anniversary?

Old Dec 21st 2007, 7:20 am
Just Joined

sedo will become famous soon enoughsedo will become famous soon enough
Unhappy i-90 works if u enterd usa after 2nd anniversary?

hi i got my cr1 before my 2 year anniversary but i entered USA after my 2nd anniversary atthe port of the entry ohare chicago..... inspector officer stamped on my passport conditional resindence.so i received my conditional residence for 2 years. now i dont know what to do. there are differnt comments about that .. info: i came to usa 5 months ago

some people say :to get my UNconditional residence card i can file i-90 (copy of conditional resident card and marriage certificate and i-90 form and a petition explaining that entered usa after 2nd anniversary

and some people say : i-90 doesnt work

some people say get an infopass to claim for UNconditional residence card

i dont know what to do i am in dillema...can someone tell me what to do.

and also i heard that.. lets say i got my UNconditional permanent residence card based on entering usa after my second anniversary

if i get my UNconditional residence card with this way..if i marriage results with divorce i lose my UNconditional permanent residence card.. is there a possiblity that i lose my 1o year card if the marriage ends with divorce (10 year card based on entering usa after second anniversary)?

i need strong advices...

thanks in advance..[/B]
Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:34 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-90 works if u enterd usa after 2nd anniversary?

It has happened here a few times that people who received their Immediate Relative Visa from the US Consulate prior to their second wedding anniversary have waited until after that anniversary to enter so they will be given legal permanent resident status (LPR) instead of conditional permanent resident status (CPR). Most times it works beautifully and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Make an infopass appointment for your local district office and bring your passport with you along with your marriage certificate. See if they will fix the status and have you do up a new I-89 for the manufacture of a new green card. Also bring the correct photos to be used on the card.

At worse, you live with the conditional status and apply to have the conditions removed via I-751 in two years time (less 90 days).

As for "strong advices", seek the council of an immigration attorney. Yes if the status remains conditional and you divorce there is always the possibility that you might lose you PR status. I wonder why divorce is uppermost in your mind since you are obviously a newlywed.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 3:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Make the Infopass appointment to get it all straightened out. Bring all your documents with you to the appointment, to show the length of your marriage, when you received your visa, and when you entered the USA.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 21st 2007, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Make the Infopass appointment to get it all straightened out. Bring all your documents with you to the appointment, to show the length of your marriage, when you received your visa, and when you entered the USA.

Best Wishes,
Rene
divorce is not uppermost in my mind..i was just telling you what i have been told. cos its strange. and RETE u said this.... Yes if the status remains conditional and you divorce there is always the possibility that you might lose you PR status....btu i meant unconditional..if i get my 10 years card withthis way(getting my 10 year card because of i entered usa after my 2nd anniversary)
Old Dec 21st 2007, 5:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sedo
divorce is not uppermost in my mind..i was just telling you what i have been told. cos its strange. and RETE u said this.... Yes if the status remains conditional and you divorce there is always the possibility that you might lose you PR status....btu i meant unconditional..if i get my 10 years card withthis way(getting my 10 year card because of i entered usa after my 2nd anniversary)
Once you have your 10-year card, it will not matter if you get divorced.

Your PR status won't be terminated because of the divorce, if you have a 10-year card.

Rene
Old Dec 21st 2007, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i got my cr1 before my 2 year anniversary but i entered USA after my 2nd anniversary atthe port of the entry ohare chicago..... inspector officer stamped on my passport conditional resindence.so i received my conditional residence for 2 years. now i dont know what to do. there are differnt comments about that .. info: i came to usa 5 months ago

some people say :to get my UNconditional residence card i can file i-90 (copy of conditional resident card and marriage certificate and i-90 form and a petition explaining that entered usa after 2nd anniversary

and some people say : i-90 doesnt work

some people say get an infopass to claim for UNconditional residence card

i dont know what to do i am in dillema...can someone tell me what to do.

and also i heard that.. lets say i got my UNconditional permanent residence card based on entering usa after my second anniversary

if i get my UNconditional residence card with this way..if i marriage results with divorce i lose my UNconditional permanent residence card.. is there a possiblity that i lose my 1o year card if the marriage ends with divorce (10 year card based on entering usa after second anniversary)?

i need strong advices...

thanks in advance..[/B]
Hi:

If your city has a "deferred inspection" CBP office, I would try their first -- after all, it was CBP that screwed up.

An InfoPass might not be a bad idea. However, do note that InfoPass is a CIS function and it was CBP that screwed up, not CIS.

On the possiblity of divorce -- the main question is whether or not your marriage was "bona fide" at ITS INCEPTION. The condition and a presumption of fraud exists if BOTH the marriage and the divorce take place within a four year window bracketing the admission date by two years.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
It has happened here a few times that people who received their Immediate Relative Visa from the US Consulate prior to their second wedding anniversary have waited until after that anniversary to enter so they will be given legal permanent resident status (LPR) instead of conditional permanent resident status (CPR). Most times it works beautifully and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Make an infopass appointment for your local district office and bring your passport with you along with your marriage certificate. See if they will fix the status and have you do up a new I-89 for the manufacture of a new green card. Also bring the correct photos to be used on the card.

At worse, you live with the conditional status and apply to have the conditions removed via I-751 in two years time (less 90 days).

As for "strong advices", seek the council of an immigration attorney. Yes if the status remains conditional and you divorce there is always the possibility that you might lose you PR status. I wonder why divorce is uppermost in your mind since you are obviously a newlywed.
Hi:

I would add that a completed I-90 would be good idea. It gives the DHS folks something to actually adjudicate. No need to pay a fee -- just have the completed form with you.

Totally OT: I love the errors that pass a spell check, happens all the time. However, "council of an immigration attorney" is a good one.

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Dec 21st 2007 at 5:21 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 5:21 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
If your city has a "deferred inspection" CBP office, I would try their first -- after all, it was CBP that screwed up.
http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...tion_sites.xls

Don't ask me why it's in Excel format -- more evidence they have little idea what they are doing.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Folinskyinla; YOU SAID:

If your city has a "deferred inspection" CBP office, I would try their first -- after all, it was CBP that screwed up. i live in north texas.... so is it s defereed inspection ???

On the possiblity of divorce -- the main question is whether or not your marriage was "bona fide" at ITS INCEPTION. The condition and a presumption of fraud exists if BOTH the marriage and the divorce take place within a four year window bracketing the admission date by two years i didnt understyand this clearly..i am sorry my english is not so good. can u explain this to me clearly. ?

thank you very much for your help
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 8:49 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Folinskyinla; YOU SAID:

If your city has a "deferred inspection" CBP office, I would try their first -- after all, it was CBP that screwed up. i live in north texas.... so is it s defereed inspection ???

On the possiblity of divorce -- the main question is whether or not your marriage was "bona fide" at ITS INCEPTION. The condition and a presumption of fraud exists if BOTH the marriage and the divorce take place within a four year window bracketing the admission date by two years i didnt understyand this clearly..i am sorry my english is not so good. can u explain this to me clearly. ?

thank you very much for your help
Okay, so your English is not perfect - but you should at least learn how to google:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/c...ts/tx/5506.xml

What Mr F means (I think) is that you have to be able to show evidence that you entered the marriage *in good faith* - i.e. that the marriage was genuine and not entered into with intent to circumvent the immigration laws.

If you divorce within 4 years, the marriage is likely to be scrutinsed much more closely by the immigration authorities.

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 9:32 am
Just Joined

am i gonna call them or go there before immigration office ? and u said if i divorce with in 4 years ..to your saying my marirage will be scrutinzed by immigration office authorities..will they fire me . or will it effect my citizenship progress?

thanks in advance

by the way. thats how i reached you by google. already i keep googlling things.and notice this website is the best but i really didnt understand deferred inspection matter..
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:45 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

am i gonna call them or go there before immigration office ? and u said if i divorce with in 4 years ..to your saying my marirage will be scrutinzed by immigration office authorities..will they fire me . or will it effect my citizenship progress?

thanks in advance

by the way. thats how i reached you by google. already i keep googlling things.and notice this website is the best but i really didnt understand deferred inspection matter..
It seems that deferred inspections are handled in Dallas:

Name: Deferred Inspections:
Phone: (972) 870-7495

Try giving them a call first (to find out opening hours if nothing else...). You may want to have someone with good English make the call for you.
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

thanks in advance

Hi:

I did NOT say divorce within 4 years. I said there is a four year WINDOW which starts 2 years before admission to permanent residence and ending 2 years AFTER gaining permanent residence. Both the marriage and the divorce have to happen within that four year window. Under your posting, your marriage took place outside of the window, no?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

i made an infopass in 3 weeks ..i will go to the immigration office with my wife. what documents do you recommend me to take it with me to the immigration office except driving licence ,infopas receipt , green card. ?

and if i get my 10 years visa with that way. and if i divorce. do they fire me? or does it effect my n-400 process later.

i will let you know whats going on over here about my interwiev in immigration office
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:13 pm
Homebody

i made an infopass in 3 weeks ..i will go to the immigration office with my wife. what documents do you recommend me to take it with me to the immigration office except driving licence ,infopas receipt , green card. ?

and if i get my 10 years visa with that way. and if i divorce. do they fire me? or does it effect my n-400 process later.

i will let you know whats going on over here about my interwiev in immigration office
Might be an idea to bring the marriage certificate...

If I were you I'd bring every damn piece of paper I ever filed with/received from USCIS............ just in case...

But why are you going to USCIS rather than the deferred entry inspection office?

Last edited by Elvira; Dec 28th 2007 at 6:15 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.