I-693 Vaccine Supplement

Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

pete74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-693 Vaccine Supplement

I wonder if anyone can clear up some confusion I have been having over getting a civil surgeon to sign the I-693 vaccine supplement. Having had a full medical exam in London at the knightsbridge doctors and recieving my K-1 visa, my fiancee and I got married and proceeded to gather our I-485 documentation. Now the instructions for I-693 say that I should complete part one, and the surgeon should complete part two -the vaccine supplement and part five-the declaration. However I had a very difficult time trying to get any civil surgeon to agree to this since the part 5 decelaration which he or she signs states that they have completed an examination on myself. To be fair to them I am asking them to sign an untrue statement. From My point of view however I have already completed and paid for the exam 6 months ago so it makes no sense to do it again. Anyhow in then I found one very nice gentlemean who signed the form and filled in the vaccine part. For the rest of the form he has put 'N/A as per K1 instructions' or something along those lines. He charged me $250 for doing it but after calling about 20 doctors I was at the point of not caring about the money.

My main question is have I done this right?? The whole thing seems a bit crazy.

If you are a K1 applicaitn in the UK I can strongly advise you to leave the medical till you get here - that would have been a whole lot easier and cheaper.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-693 Vaccine Supplement

Originally Posted by pete74
I wonder if anyone can clear up some confusion I have been having over getting a civil surgeon to sign the I-693 vaccine supplement. Having had a full medical exam in London at the knightsbridge doctors and recieving my K-1 visa, my fiancee and I got married and proceeded to gather our I-485 documentation. Now the instructions for I-693 say that I should complete part one, and the surgeon should complete part two -the vaccine supplement and part five-the declaration. However I had a very difficult time trying to get any civil surgeon to agree to this since the part 5 decelaration which he or she signs states that they have completed an examination on myself. To be fair to them I am asking them to sign an untrue statement. From My point of view however I have already completed and paid for the exam 6 months ago so it makes no sense to do it again. Anyhow in then I found one very nice gentlemean who signed the form and filled in the vaccine part. For the rest of the form he has put 'N/A as per K1 instructions' or something along those lines. He charged me $250 for doing it but after calling about 20 doctors I was at the point of not caring about the money.

My main question is have I done this right?? The whole thing seems a bit crazy.
Sounds right. Some folks have even been lucky by sending in only the proof of vaccination sheet from Knightsbridge, without having it done by a civil surgeon in the USA. Some people do that and then get an RFE for the missing I-693. Some people get an RFE for a whole new complete medical. Doesn't seem to be any consistency. Turn in what you have and hope for the best.

If you are a K1 applicaitn in the UK I can strongly advise you to leave the medical till you get here - that would have been a whole lot easier and cheaper.
You *can't* wait and leave the medical until you arrive in the USA. You MUST get the visa medical done in the UK. All you can do in the USA is get any missing vaccinations done, if necessary, and have the US Civil Surgeon sign off on the I-693 saying your vaccinations are up to date.

When we did this for my K-1 fiance, we also had a hard time finding a civil surgeon who didn't think he needed a whole new medical. Finally, just made the first available appointment and tried in person to convince the doctor that he doesn't need a whole new medical exam. After about 3 explainations over and over, the doctor finally said Ohhhhh, OK! So you just want me to sign off on this paper that he's done his vaccinations? I said YES. He said oh, OK...here ya go. LOL

Also cost us arond $120, no biggie...it was worth it to get the AOS filed.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2011, 1:10 am
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

I was very fortunate to find a civil surgeon who knew what was required. $35 for signing my form, first one I called too!
Old May 11th 2012, 8:35 pm
Moosemilk

moosemilk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
I was very fortunate to find a civil surgeon who knew what was required. $35 for signing my form, first one I called too!
Hi

I've just moved here on K1 living in Watertown MN, just outside the cities, which surgeon did you use?
Old May 11th 2012, 8:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't do that - a medical exam by a Panel Physician is a requirement for a K1 visa. Vaccinations are not.

BTW - my wife did not get the I-693 vaccination supplement, as the DS-3025 Vaccination Report indicated that she was given, or should be waived for, all of the required vaccinations.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by pete74

Last edited by jeffreyhy; May 11th 2012 at 8:54 pm.
Old May 11th 2012, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

Go to section III frequently asked questions 2
If you met the vaccination requirements and it says so on your DS-3025 (the document you received at your medical in London) there is no need to go to a civil surgeon. I had a copy of my DS-3025, so I sent in that as proof and had no problems! I also asked when I was there at my interview and was told that it was fine because a completed DS-3025 IS signed by a civil surgeon.

Last edited by cosmicjunkie; May 11th 2012 at 9:47 pm.