I-601 Waiver Update

Old Dec 16th 2003, 10:52 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-601 Waiver Update

Hey all!
Steven called Montreal yesterday to follow up on the application. They said the file has been sent to the office at Dorval Airport and is there now. He then called the Buffalo office that was supposed to be handling it and was told the same. Someone there gave him the number at Dorval and he will try to get in touch with them today to see how far along they are with the file. Montreal said that it should be coming up to be processed soon. From what I've heard, the consulate really doesn't know when our file will be processed, but it sounds a bit promising at least.
The minimum processing time I've seen lately seems to be about 3 months, so I'm not holding my breath for another 8 weeks. I guess it'll happen when it happens.
Keeping my fingers crossed for some/any news today!
Clare
PS: the $195 check hasn't been cashed yet, so I know they haven't started it yet
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:25 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I-601 Waiver Update

well once again I hope all goes well.. I sent in my waiver yesterday and it will be on its way to montreal today..

3 months eh? I thought they were working on oct. 27th last week.. poop..
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:08 am
The Survivors!!

He talked to Buffalo and they said the "offical" processing time for Montreal is 4 weeks to 6 mos...but more likely 4-8 weeks. Whew! I sure hope so! He got a busy signal ALL day at Dorval airport so he'll try again tomorrow.
Clare
PS: Good luck souls!! I'm rootin for ya!

Originally posted by souls canuck
well once again I hope all goes well.. I sent in my waiver yesterday and it will be on its way to montreal today..

3 months eh? I thought they were working on oct. 27th last week.. poop..
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:05 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the update Clare.. you are ahead of me by a full month so I will be watching you like a hawk

4-8 weeks wouldnt be so bad.. my contract job finished on feb. 06 so I hope the timing works out..
Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:18 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update Clare. We are all waiting to hear your good news when it comes.

Leslie

Originally posted by Clare & Steven
Hey all!
Steven called Montreal yesterday to follow up on the application. They said the file has been sent to the office at Dorval Airport and is there now. He then called the Buffalo office that was supposed to be handling it and was told the same. Someone there gave him the number at Dorval and he will try to get in touch with them today to see how far along they are with the file. Montreal said that it should be coming up to be processed soon. From what I've heard, the consulate really doesn't know when our file will be processed, but it sounds a bit promising at least.
The minimum processing time I've seen lately seems to be about 3 months, so I'm not holding my breath for another 8 weeks. I guess it'll happen when it happens.
Clare
PS: the $195 check hasn't been cashed yet, so I know they haven't started it yet

Last edited by Leslie; Mar 14th 2004 at 10:59 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 5:00 pm
The Survivors!!

Another update:
I spoke to Dorval on Thursday. The supervisor said that an RFE was sent to Steven last Wed. We're still waiting for the letter to arrive. I told the supervisor that there was tons of hardship evidence and he reminded me that it must be extreme and that separation from your loved one isn't hardship...
I explained that I have joint custody of my children and can't take them out of the country and he agreed that was extreme hardship, but maybe it wasn't documented? He said to include the divorce papers again and to highlight the "custody" part. After re-reading Steven's letter, I saw that he never mentioned my joint custody agreement...only that there would be a custody battle if I wanted to move. I also included a hardship letter in the original application, since we weren't sure who was supposed to write the letter. Thought this would avoid problems. Well, Dorval said they couldn't use my letter because it has to be from HIM showing MY hardship. (I think my letter had a better explanation of the custody agreement).
Hopefully this is what the problem is...so Steven will send back a copy of his letter with an addendum, explaining the joint custody situation and back it up with more documentation. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, since it wasn't a denial...
Old Mar 14th 2004, 9:01 pm
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

I didn't know that either. I wrote the Hardship letter (USC) and sent it to him to include in with the waiver. So he will probably receive a RFE Darn. I doubt he rewrote it.

4 to 6 weeks sounds promising but like everyone else looking at 4 to 6 months. Only good thing about that is that the I 130 will come be approved by then in Nebraska.

k-3 interview 1/13/04 Denied
601 Waiver sent to Montreal 2/26/04
Old Mar 14th 2004, 9:02 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey all!
Clare

Thanks for the update Clare!!.
I hope to hear good news from you guys soon!!!
Take care!!
Old Mar 14th 2004, 9:56 pm
The Survivors!!

Good luck Gin. Hope it all works out for you quickly
And...thank you Hyper!
At least I'll see Steven this weekend...leaving on Friday.
It's been 4 months since my last trip and I'm missing him something awful
Old Mar 14th 2004, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

cutenurse300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Gin. Hope it all works out for you quickly
And...thank you Hyper!
At least I'll see Steven this weekend...leaving on Friday.
It's been 4 months since my last trip and I'm missing him something awful
Hi Clare and Steven,

I hope it all works out for you both pretty soon.Wish you both the best and hope that the waiting will be over soon!!!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:17 am
The Survivors!!

Thankyou cutenurse!

Clare
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:54 am
Gin
Forum Regular

Gin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really niceGin is just really nice

Clare,

Have fun on your visit!!
Old Mar 15th 2004, 12:56 pm
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future

Fingers crossed Claire - I am hoping with all my everything that you guys are approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS

Sue
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is unbelievable isn't it Clare. They only will read and use a letter written by the foreign loved one regarding hardship of the US Citizen loved one in moving to the FL's country. Makes perfect sense ... NOT.

Thankfully you at least have an avenue of communication open with Dorval. Hope you heard final and positive news soon.

Have a wonderful visit with Steven this coming weekend.

Rete

Another update:
I spoke to Dorval on Thursday. The supervisor said that an RFE was sent to Steven last Wed. We're still waiting for the letter to arrive. I told the supervisor that there was tons of hardship evidence and he reminded me that it must be extreme and that separation from your loved one isn't hardship...
I explained that I have joint custody of my children and can't take them out of the country and he agreed that was extreme hardship, but maybe it wasn't documented? He said to include the divorce papers again and to highlight the "custody" part. After re-reading Steven's letter, I saw that he never mentioned my joint custody agreement...only that there would be a custody battle if I wanted to move. I also included a hardship letter in the original application, since we weren't sure who was supposed to write the letter. Thought this would avoid problems. Well, Dorval said they couldn't use my letter because it has to be from HIM showing MY hardship. (I think my letter had a better explanation of the custody agreement).
Hopefully this is what the problem is...so Steven will send back a copy of his letter with an addendum, explaining the joint custody situation and back it up with more documentation. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, since it wasn't a denial...
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:55 pm
Valley of the Sun

well, I am glad you at least heard something.. and I will take the advise given to you and use that for our case.. hope it works out for both of us..

and hey, my man is coming to see me this weekend too... should be nice weather for us all in toronto..

thanks for the update.. you know my fingers are crossed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.