I-601 update

Old Oct 17th 2003, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

whatever will become famous soon enoughwhatever will become famous soon enough
Default I-601 update

For those following our progress:

Yesterday we received a voicemail from London Consular telling us that BCIS/DHS had asked for additional information regarding my Husbands conviction. He called them back and was asked to fax this clarification/information which we documented and faxed last night. We called them this morning to confirm it had been received - which it has. This will now be forwarded to BCIS/DHS London today so that they may complete their evaluation of our case. We've never heard/read of this happening before so I wanted to post about it, just incase it happens to someone else one day.

Of course we were curious whether this was a good or bad sign, (them asking for more information), so my Husband asked the Consular Officer how things were looking for us, and could he comment?
He replied that if they are going to the trouble of asking for more information, we should see that as a positive thing, and that a decision would be passed soon.

Phew! Nearly there it seems. It's strange because we feel a little bit relieved now that we know they are working on our file and a decision is near, ( I couldn't help but cry after listening to their message - it get's you like that!). Usually you don't have that insight so - yes there is a feeling of relief knowing that this episode of our lives will hopefully be ending soon - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

Still though, we are more nervous than ever about what the outcome will be. May this be the last weekend where we are left staring blankly at the future?

Thanks to everyone that's supporting us. xx
Old Oct 17th 2003, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

For God's sake hurry up you two ! Beachbunny, leighton, Mary Ann & I cannot have a great piss up without u 2 in the USA can we ?

Fingers crossed for the pair of you
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
For God's sake hurry up you two ! Beachbunny, leighton, Mary Ann & I cannot have a great piss up without u 2 in the USA can we ?

Believe me we're trying!!!! LOL

Incidently BB tell's me that the Guy who called us, Joel is the fella that dealt with your case too - now that's gotta be a good sign surely
Old Oct 17th 2003, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy

HEAR! HEAR!

I'm so hoping whatever has a waiver approval before leighton's lands foot in Long Beach again!! Then it will be an even bigger celebration!!!

:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Oct 17th 2003, 4:38 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God!!! I have everything crossed for you! Better hurry up coz I can't walk like this! LOL. I have really rooting for you and things are looking good! Let's hope you get the answer soon. You've been so brave I don't know how you do it. They MUST grant it or Xena will have to pay a visit! GOOD LUCK!!!
Old Oct 17th 2003, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys as well, Whatever. I read a bit about your case tonight... I was looking up some things in the archives and somehow got sucked into your story... LOL. I feel like a stalker now... ...but trust me, I'm not. I really hope you'll get some good news soon.

Elaine
Old Oct 17th 2003, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by HunterGreen
Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys as well, Whatever. I read a bit about your case tonight... I was looking up some things in the archives and somehow got sucked into your story... LOL. I feel like a stalker now... ...but trust me, I'm not. I really hope you'll get some good news soon.

Elaine

Hey I've never had a stalker before!!! LOL

Thanks for your kind wishes - I REALLY appreciate every single tiny weeney last one... it's what keeps you going some days
Old Oct 18th 2003, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whatever
Hey I've never had a stalker before!!! LOL

Thanks for your kind wishes - I REALLY appreciate every single tiny weeney last one... it's what keeps you going some days

It must be your pix!! LOL Have a great week end!
Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:03 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Whatever...I'd take that as a positive sign too. Good Luck!
I hope you hear soon... (Shhhh, don't say anything, but I think Beach Bunny is psycic)
Clare
Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:16 am
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future
Default Re: I-601 update

Our fingers are crossed for you and I just know - have a feeling in my water - that you are going to get approval!!!!!!!!!!! I looked into my Crystal Ball, lmao...........oh I wish I had one, lol.

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Sue

For those following our progress:

Yesterday we received a voicemail from London Consular telling us that BCIS/DHS had asked for additional information regarding my Husbands conviction. He called them back and was asked to fax this clarification/information which we documented and faxed last night. We called them this morning to confirm it had been received - which it has. This will now be forwarded to BCIS/DHS London today so that they may complete their evaluation of our case. We've never heard/read of this happening before so I wanted to post about it, just incase it happens to someone else one day.

Of course we were curious whether this was a good or bad sign, (them asking for more information), so my Husband asked the Consular Officer how things were looking for us, and could he comment?
He replied that if they are going to the trouble of asking for more information, we should see that as a positive thing, and that a decision would be passed soon.

Phew! Nearly there it seems. It's strange because we feel a little bit relieved now that we know they are working on our file and a decision is near, ( I couldn't help but cry after listening to their message - it get's you like that!). Usually you don't have that insight so - yes there is a feeling of relief knowing that this episode of our lives will hopefully be ending soon - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

Still though, we are more nervous than ever about what the outcome will be. May this be the last weekend where we are left staring blankly at the future?

Thanks to everyone that's supporting us. xx
Old Oct 18th 2003, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

mrs nashua is an unknown quantity at this point

whatever hang in there we are praying for you guys to get your approvel soon, we are in same situation and all we can do is hope and pray atleast you know there are working on your case i have a feeling your approvel will be soon stay strong and let us know what happen good luck.
Old Oct 18th 2003, 11:05 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: I-601 update

Just to repeat what others have already said, them asking for further details must be a positive sign. If they were going to deny, I can't see the point in requesting further details so take heart from it and start crossing those body parts, I'm sure it will happen soon.On the flip side, we are fast running out of "interesting" cases to read up on daily now that BB, Doc, Olenka and soon to be you are through with the whole BCIS process.

Hang in there guys, your day is coming.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default I've made some real friends here.......

.... and for that I am very grateful. Thank you for ALL your support - my DH and I really hope that we can help you guys just as much as you have helped us........... we talk daily about 'whats happening with everyone on expats'
I think us I-601er's appreciate our visas and greencards EVEN more than those who are fortunate enough to get theirs without this additional heartache... and we'll never forget just what we had to go through to be with the person we love which surely should make our relationships stronger and even more special.

Love and Luck to each of you....... I hope we all get our much wanted approvals... and for those who now have them - enjoy them like crazy !!!

xx
Old Oct 19th 2003, 10:36 pm
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I've made some real friends here.......

Whatever,
I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you two! I hope you hear VERY soon.
Best of luck
Clare-fellow 601'er.

.... and for that I am very grateful. Thank you for ALL your support - my DH and I really hope that we can help you guys just as much as you have helped us........... we talk daily about 'whats happening with everyone on expats'
I think us I-601er's appreciate our visas and greencards EVEN more than those who are fortunate enough to get theirs without this additional heartache... and we'll never forget just what we had to go through to be with the person we love which surely should make our relationships stronger and even more special.

Love and Luck to each of you....... I hope we all get our much wanted approvals... and for those who now have them - enjoy them like crazy !!!

xx