I-551 Stamp Question

Old Jan 20th 2003, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Aaron Sergeant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-551 Stamp Question

When I had my interview for the conditions to be removed, the officer asked when my passport is going to expire, it was actually going to expire at the end of that month, so he said he wouldn't stamp tje I-551 on that passport and I should just bring in a new one when I get it (If I get it) and they will stamp it then,

meanwhile he kept my temparary GC and my old Work Authorisation and so I have nothing till my new card arrives, which according to this group (from Nebraska) will take many months.

my SSN card says "for work only with INS Authorisation" if I change jobs or anything, will I be up crap creek without anything to prove that I'm legally in this country?

any thoughts?
Old Jan 20th 2003, 3:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-551 Stamp Question

Originally posted by Aaron Sergeant
When I had my interview for the conditions to be removed, the officer asked when my passport is going to expire, it was actually going to expire at the end of that month, so he said he wouldn't stamp tje I-551 on that passport and I should just bring in a new one when I get it (If I get it) and they will stamp it then,

meanwhile he kept my temparary GC and my old Work Authorisation and so I have nothing till my new card arrives, which according to this group (from Nebraska) will take many months.

my SSN card says "for work only with INS Authorisation" if I change jobs or anything, will I be up crap creek without anything to prove that I'm legally in this country?

any thoughts?
Well you should have the legend taken off of the social security card. Should have done that the day you were approved for AOS two years ago.

If your I-797 is still within the valid timeline, use that at the SSA to prove your right to a legendless social security card.

Rete