I-539

Old Jan 8th 2011, 3:43 am
Just Joined

johno85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-539

Hi Guys

Ive been here in the US working for a professional soccer team for just under a year , they have just gone out of business , this means my P1 is no longer valid , ive applied to have my visa changed to a I-539 , which ive been told will last for six months.

I rang the immigration people today as there was a error with my address in the I-797C form , in conversation i asked them how long they thought it would take for my I-539 application to go through and for a decision to be made. The lady on the phone said there is a back log at the moment and that they are still dealing with applications from June 2010 , she said it could take anywhere upto 6-8 months for a decision to be made.She told me that whilst the application is pending i can stay in the US .. Is this the case ?

Also !

I need some advice on what if i was to leave the country in this time , My P1 although technically isnt valid .. could i re enter the country on that ? (it expires Feb 14th)

Or am i basically stuck here untill a get a decision on the I-539 application ?

The reason im asking is my Grandad is pretty poorly back in the UK and at some point i need to see him

Any help and advice , id be grateful !

Last edited by johno85; Jan 8th 2011 at 3:52 am. Reason: posted twice .. sorry
Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-539

Originally Posted by johno85
Any help and advice , id be grateful !
Response here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699690.

Ian
Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-539

Thread closed as it's a duplicate of the one in the Immigration forum.