Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-485....A show of hands please on the vaccination supplement....

I-485....A show of hands please on the vaccination supplement....

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 9:02 pm
Grahame And Laura

Default I-485....A show of hands please on the vaccination supplement....

Most of the posts I have found on google on the matter of the vaccination supplement
seem to agree that it is not needed when filing the I-485. At worst it may be needed
for the AOS interview.

Amongst those who have recently filed, who would agree with this? I mean, and it has
been said before, if I have got my K1visa then I must have had to had a medical
including vaccinations, right? And it was all handed over at the interview for my K1.
( I seem to have mislaid my photocopies of the medical.)

Grahame and Laura

K-1 app. mailed 1/24/2002. First NOA received 2/4/2002 (dated 1/28). Approval via
automated phone line 2/13. Sydney consulate cabled 2/14.

Old Aug 23rd 2002, 10:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485....A show of hands please on the vaccination supplement....

YOur assumption is correct. You do not need a medical and/or vaccination supplement to file for your AOS if you are a K-1 recipient. You might require one if the AOS interview takes place after a said amount of time but for the filing itself you do not.

Rete
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

angusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I filed AOS, in person, at Denver last week and I made the same assumption as you. However, we were told that we needed the vaccination supplement.

Beats me what they did with the medical documentation, including the vaccination supplement, from the K-1 medical!
Old Aug 24th 2002, 12:58 am
Ed Chernenkoff

they gave me a copy of mine at the medical in Vancouver in 98..

Ed

"angusgirl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I filed AOS, in person, at Denver last week and I made the same assumption as you.
    > However, we were told that we needed the vaccination supplement.
    > Beats me what they did with the medical documentation, including the vaccination
    > supplement, from the K-1 medical!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 24th 2002, 2:06 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by angusgirl:
I filed AOS, in person, at Denver last week and I made the same assumption as you. However, we were told that we needed the vaccination supplement.

Beats me what they did with the medical documentation, including the vaccination supplement, from the K-1 medical!
In Denver? That is strange indeed. Did you ask to speak to a supervisor about this and were you adjusted the same day as you applied?

You are right the medical is in the brown envelope. Perhaps they didn't have it there yet? Or you had a new agent.

Rete
Old Aug 24th 2002, 3:55 am
Shannon

I did not adjust from K1, so I hadn't had a medical. The vaccination supplement was required for my I-485 filing, even though the information sheet I was given at the office said it was required at interview.

I wasn't asked for a copy at interview, it was still in the file.

Shannon

Old Aug 24th 2002, 4:52 am
Concierge

Cancel this post. I'm sleep deprived. Denver Rita is not Detroit.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Rete:

In Denver? That is strange indeed. Did you ask to speak to a supervisor about this and were you adjusted the same day as you applied?

You are right the medical is in the brown envelope. Perhaps they didn't have it there yet? Or you had a new agent.

Rete [/QUOTE]
Old Aug 24th 2002, 7:56 am
fat
Forum Regular

fat is an unknown quantity at this point

I received the standard letter for my AOS interview saying that i should have a medical before my interview and bring the results...the general consensus was that i did not need another medical as i was a K1 applicant who arrived at POE less than 6 months prior to the interview date...however i ignored the advice and went ahead and paid for another medical in the US...at the interview which was succesful the officer asked for my medical results as she did not have my K1 medical results on file...she said it was a good job i'd had the medical as without it she would'nt have been able to approve me there and then.