I-485: RFE

Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485: RFE

Originally Posted by Socal Local
I've also just got an RFE on my I-485. The attorney told me that they are seeing a very high number of RFEs at the moment. Good luck - hope it proves to be something simple.
How strange (and unfortunate).

Seems when we filed - a lot got sent to CA service center and approved with no interview. Now, they're RFE'ing everyone.

What'd they do - get bored? Grr.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 8:03 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

It is pretty obvious that you are the victim of a "boiler plate" RFE where the CIS person forgot to change the name from the last time she used it.
Now that is the value of experience!

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
So, make it two steps -- First -- respond that you have never heard of the other dude -- could you please provide me the evidence upon which you based your inquiry? Absent such evidence, I cannot respond.

Second -- based on the assumption that your request contains a typographical error -- enclosed please find the following additional evidence.
Oddly enough, that was the tack that we took with SWMBO's Domicile letter. Kind of a "Here is the evidence that I have re-established domicile.... In the event that this evidence should be deemed to be insufficient, I hereby declare my intention to re-establish domicile no later that the date of immigration of the intending immigrant." style of thing.

Con-Off showed it to his buddies and yelled "Best domicile evah!"
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Now that is the value of experience!
BE is very lucky to have Mr F's wisdom and experience

Thanks for all the good wishes.....I'm not getting worried about the GC yet....but will be if I'm still waiting in July/August time...

Socal Local - thinking of you too!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Well, this sucks monkey balls. Hopefully it's something easy, and they don't have you married to someone else again!
Me too....though I can see myself being stuck in a cycle where I have several more RFEs, all for further non-existant hubbies LOL.

Thanks for the support
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
They are having a laugh, what do they want now!!
I can see how stressful this must be for some people......I actually think that it's slightly amusing...and am curious to see what they are actually asking for.... evidence of my divorce from my non-existant other hubby? LOL
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I can see how stressful this must be for some people......I actually think that it's slightly amusing...and am curious to see what they are actually asking for.... evidence of my divorce from my non-existant other hubby? LOL
OK....am no longer amused and quite stressed.

Need to prove that we have a bonafide marriage. Within three weeks. Here's where being an independent woman with her own finances, income, property and name comes back to bite her
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Need to prove that we have a bonafide marriage. Within three weeks. Here's where being an independent woman with her own finances, income, property and name comes back to bite her
Oh Heck....keeping fingers and toes crossed
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:29 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Aww, you can do it! I never changed my name, and had separate accounts etc. Did you somehow indicate you were not living in the same country?

This could be a very basic thing they're looking for. What does the lawyer say?

This is from the instructions for the I-130 (to establish family relationship with a USC/LPR); maybe it will be inspiration for you.

..the following types of documentation that may evidence (that) bona fides of your marriage:
E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or

F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or

G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or

H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or

I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or

J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:36 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

This is total nonsense, I am in shock to be honest, I don't know what else to say except I am thinking of you and know it will work out, but you sure don't need this crap going on.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

We had: wills; powers of attorney; joint bank accounts; joint car insurance; deed to house in both our names; joint Certificates of Deposit; documentation that we were each other's beneficiary for insurance/employer benefit purposes; a pile of christmas/anniversary cards addressed to both of us; photos of the two of us on vacation; records of travel together.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks everyone...we're working on getting documentation together.....we really don't have very much though...USCIS is however going to see lots of photos of us from our nearly-ten years together ......I'll keep you all posted.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone...we're working on getting documentation together.....we really don't have very much though...USCIS is however going to see lots of photos of us from our nearly-ten years together ......I'll keep you all posted.
Send them those pics whe he is dressed in the leather and you in that little red ........perhaps not ..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 1:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Send them those pics whe he is dressed in the leather and you in that little red ........perhaps not ..
OMG!

Ian
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:09 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

More examples:

Car Insurance with both of you on one policy;

Joint healthcare insurance;

Letter from employer stating who is beneficiary of company plans, i.e. 401K, life insurance, emergency contact person;

Cards from Christmas addressed to both of you/include envelopes if you still have them;

Flight itineraries if you flew together;

Concert stubs showing side by side seats;

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.