I-485 RFE

Old Aug 14th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all
Default I-485 RFE

My AOS package (entered on K-1 and now married) was transferred to CSC about 60 days ago - now they have sent me an RFE. Basically they want more evidence that we have a bona fide marriage. They have asked for some specific items, some of which i cant provide - such as joint health insurance, a copy of the wedding announcement and photos including guests. The other items however shouldn't be too much problem - joint bank account statements and credit card statements.

My plan is to send what i do have and include a letter of explaination regarding the items i cant provide. On top of that i am going to include signed letters from family and friends saying that as far as they are aware we are currently living as man and wife in a bona fide marriage - or words to that effect. My main question is - should we have these notarized?

Also, I'm going to include a copy of our daughters birth certificate and wedding photos sans guests, but that's about all i can think of right now. We don't have joint auto-insurance, so that's out. Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Cheers

Alan
Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485 RFE

If you include letters from family and friends, they do not have to be notarized if, at the end, it states:

"I certify, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct.", followed by a date and signature.

(Thanks to Folinskyinla for providing the "magic language").

Rene
Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

lofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to alllofty79 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you include letters from family and friends, they do not have to be notarized if, at the end, it states:

"I certify, under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America, that the foregoing is true and correct.", followed by a date and signature.

(Thanks to Folinskyinla for providing the "magic language").

Rene
Superb - thanks Rene and Folinsky.

Do you think i will be OK with the info i'm sending? I guess I can't give them what i don't have.

Also, have you heard of anyone else getting an RFE like this? I can't see why our case raised any particular red flags re. a bona fide marriage. My thinking is that maybe since it's at CSC they're trying to avoid calling me in for an interview whilst still covering all the bases.

Thanks again

Alan
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:46 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lofty79
Superb - thanks Rene and Folinsky.

Do you think i will be OK with the info i'm sending? I guess I can't give them what i don't have.

Also, have you heard of anyone else getting an RFE like this? I can't see why our case raised any particular red flags re. a bona fide marriage. My thinking is that maybe since it's at CSC they're trying to avoid calling me in for an interview whilst still covering all the bases.

Thanks again

Alan
Hi:

I find it annoying that RFE's are written as if you MUST provide the requested information. In fact, the regulations give you three options -- provide all of the information requested, give some but not all the information requested and finally tell them that you are not providing any new information.

The one thing you can't do is ignore the RFE. Although not stated anywhere, you can provide different information other than that requested.

Personally, I think your daughter's birth certificate will be the strongest evidence.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Gone on any flights together? I've printed out on-line confirmations of flights we were on and sent them in... both names were on the confirmation.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I find it annoying that RFE's are written as if you MUST provide the requested information. In fact, the regulations give you three options -- provide all of the information requested, give some but not all the information requested and finally tell them that you are not providing any new information.

The one thing you can't do is ignore the RFE. Although not stated anywhere, you can provide different information other than that requested.

Personally, I think your daughter's birth certificate will be the strongest evidence.
Thanks again, that's put my mind at rest a little.

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Gone on any flights together? I've printed out on-line confirmations of flights we were on and sent them in... both names were on the confirmation.
Unfortunately no......but that has reminded me - we're going on a cruise later this year, so i'll print off the confirmation.