I-485 request for evidence

Old Nov 30th 2009, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really nice
Default I-485 request for evidence

Hi,

As a background, my wife is in the USA with a K-3 visa and recently filed for adjustment of status. Since she already received a medical examination, we didn't send I-693 along with the I-485 package, but we received a request for evidence in which we are asked to send vaccination part of I-693!
It is in the instructions for both I-485 and I-693 that I-693 is not required for K-3 and I should just send the vaccination record. That's why I have sent our original vaccination record with the I-485 package!

Please let me know what I should do!

Thanks,
Sina
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485 request for evidence

Originally Posted by Sina
Please let me know what I should do!
Did you send the vaccination supplement with the I-485? Yes/No. If you did not, you should send it now. If you did send it, you should send another copy.

Ian
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really niceSina is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did you send the vaccination supplement with the I-485? Yes/No. If you did not, you should send it now. If you did send it, you should send another copy.

Ian
Hi Ian,

Yes I sent the original vaccination record. OK, I will send a copy to them again.

Thanks
Sina
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:26 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

S,

What do you mean "the original vaccination record"? Do you mean the form DS-3025 from your visa medical?

If so, was the DS-3025 complete - did it show that all vaccinations were either had or should be waived as medically inappropriate?

Regards, JEff

Hi Ian,

Yes I sent the original vaccination record. OK, I will send a copy to them again.

Thanks
Sina
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ian,

Thanks
Sina
Too late now, but for others reading...never send originals. Send a photocopy and keep the original yourself.

It's a good thing you kept a copy.

You might also need to have the vaccination supplement done by a USCIS civil surgeon, if USCIS is not accepting her vaccination record itself.

Rene
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
S,

What do you mean "the original vaccination record"? Do you mean the form DS-3025 from your visa medical?

If so, was the DS-3025 complete - did it show that all vaccinations were either had or should be waived as medically inappropriate?

Regards, JEff
Hi,

No it is not DS-3025. It is an international vaccination record which has the dates of each vaccine with stamp. Do you mean I should have DS-3025 sent?
We didn't complete any DS-3025 during the visa process or after that. One of my friends' case is exactly as mine and he also didn't send DS-3025 and he hasn't received any request for evidence!

Thanks,
Sina
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:02 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

S,

Your "international vaccination record" is not acceptable documentation for immigration purposes. You need either a DS-3025 filled out by a DoS-approved doctor overseas (a Panel Physician) or an I-693 filled out by a CIS approved doctor in the USA (a Civil Surgeon). Take your vaccination record to a Civil Surgeon and have the Civil Surgeon transcribe it onto the vaccination pages of the I-693.

DS-3025 is the vaccination form that the Panel Physician filled out as part of your visa medical exam. You should have been given a copy of it, or you should have asked to be given a copy. CIS has the original in their file, should have anyway, but the clerk who is checking over the I-485 package you sent in does not have the file and so is looking for some acceptable record of your vaccinations with the I-485 package.

Your friend is either lucky that a different clerk made the initial check of his I-485, or his case is not "exactly" as yours, or his RFE is yet to come.

Regards JEff

Hi,

No it is not DS-3025. It is an international vaccination record which has the dates of each vaccine with stamp. Do you mean I should have DS-3025 sent?
We didn't complete any DS-3025 during the visa process or after that. One of my friends' case is exactly as mine and he also didn't send DS-3025 and he hasn't received any request for evidence!

Thanks,
Sina

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Nov 30th 2009 at 8:06 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
S,

Your "international vaccination record" is not acceptable documentation for immigration purposes. You need either a DS-3025 filled out by a DoS-approved doctor overseas (a Panel Physician) or an I-693 filled out by a CIS approved doctor in the USA (a Civil Surgeon). Take your vaccination record to a Civil Surgeon and have the Civil Surgeon transcribe it onto the vaccination pages of the I-693.

DS-3025 is the vaccination form that the Panel Physician filled out as part of your visa medical exam. You should have been given a copy of it, or you should have asked to be given a copy. CIS has the original in their file, should have anyway, but the clerk who is checking over the I-485 package you sent in does not have the file and so is looking for some acceptable record of your vaccinations with the I-485 package.

Your friend is either lucky that a different clerk made the initial check of his I-485, or his case is not "exactly" as yours, or his RFE is yet to come.

Regards JEff
Thanks Jeff, I hope the civil surgeon accepts the copy of vaccination card.