I-485 pending due to Name Check

Old May 1st 2007, 8:39 pm
-Shan

Default I-485 pending due to Name Check

Hi, My I-485 is pending @ NSC for almost 18 months due to name check.
Wondering, will USCIS send REFs after that long. They didn't send any
earlier..

Thanks

Old May 1st 2007, 9:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485 pending due to Name Check

Originally Posted by -Shan
Hi, My I-485 is pending @ NSC for almost 18 months due to name check.
Wondering, will USCIS send REFs after that long. They didn't send any
earlier..

Thanks
I can't imagine what they would send you an RFE for. What do you think they might still request from you?

They are just waiting to hear back from various agencies regarding your security/background checks.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I can't imagine what they would send you an RFE for. What do you think they might still request from you?

They are just waiting to hear back from various agencies regarding your security/background checks.

Best Wishes,
Rene
I applied in January 2005, and just got my green card last month. You have to patient, keep calling the 800 number and check the status of your case online a couple of times a week. You might even try a visit to your local USCIS Office occasionally to see if they have any more news for you. Just be patient, background checks take a while.
Old May 6th 2007, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

jakevisa is on a distinguished road

USCIS fingerprint for AOS is free, correct? My FP appointment is coming soon. What actually happens at the fingerprint site?
Old May 6th 2007, 3:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jakevisa
What actually happens at the fingerprint site?
A difficult question .... But mostly they take your fingerprints ......
Old May 6th 2007, 3:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

USCIS fingerprint for AOS is free, correct?
Not correct. There's a $70 fee that should have been submitted at the time you filed for AOS.

Ian
Old May 6th 2007, 3:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Not correct. There's a $70 fee that should have been submitted at the time you filed for AOS.

Ian
Which will soon be $80
Old May 6th 2007, 3:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Which will soon be $80
It's getting worse for this poor guy every minute!

Ian
Old May 6th 2007, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

hopefully my attorney included the fees in the check at the time of aos filing. fingerprint site does not collect fees on site, right? do they also take pictures? my attorney took some pictures before filing of paperworks....
Old May 6th 2007, 4:18 am
Account Closed

fingerprint site does not collect fees on site, right?
Right.

do they also take pictures?
Umm... no, they do fingerprints.

Ian
Old May 6th 2007, 6:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully my attorney included the fees in the check at the time of aos filing. fingerprint site does not collect fees on site, right? do they also take pictures? my attorney took some pictures before filing of paperworks....
The biometrics appointment for the EAD (work authorization docoment) is where they take a 1-digit fingerprint scan and a photo. There is no fee for this.

The biometrics appointment for the AOS (adjustment of status) is where they take a 10-digit fingerprint scan, but no photo. The fee for this right now is $70, to be paid when you submitted your AOS application.

Rene
Old May 11th 2007, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

so, the picture that my attorney took and sent along with aos filing, will appear on my green card, correct? hope so because i was not that photogenic during the biometric appointment!
Old May 11th 2007, 4:21 am

so, the picture that my attorney took and sent along with aos filing, will appear on my green card, correct? hope so because i was not that photogenic during the biometric appointment!
I can tell you this....the picture on my husband's EAD card and his Green Card are the same exact picture....it's the picture they took at his EAD biometrics appointment. USCIS did not use any of the passport-style photos we sent in ourselves.

Rene
Old May 12th 2007, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

my advance parol got approved today. hurray! i did not renew my h1b, so with ap, i can leave and enter us with no problem, correct?
Old May 12th 2007, 1:20 am
Account Closed

... so with ap, i can leave and enter us with no problem, correct?
No, not correct. You can probably leave the US with no problems... but there is never a guarantee that you will be allowed to re-enter the US. Can you be refused re-entry? Absolutely, yes. Will you be refused re-entry? No one can say for sure.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.