Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-485 Interview Success: APPROVED! APPROVED!! APPROVED!!. NOW A LPR

I-485 Interview Success: APPROVED! APPROVED!! APPROVED!!. NOW A LPR

Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

foley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-485 Interview Success: APPROVED! APPROVED!! APPROVED!!. NOW A LPR

Hi,
.....The journey of a thousand years end in a single day!

I had my I-485 interview yesterday morning in Houston and guess what I was approved and issued a stamp!

Interview was scheduled for 7.30am and we got there at 7.25am....that was quite close. Officer Moore called us in as soon as we were seated at the waiting room, and asked us not to seat but to swear.

Started off by asking for EAD, passport and IDs of both myself and my US citizen wife.I had no AP.Then the typical YES/NO questions, which he got tired of asking at a point and ask if I wanted to say yes to any of the question to which I said NO!

Officer then checked medical that was submitted 2 years ago at the time of filing AOS, and noticed there was a problem. He said he will have to send me back to the doctors! I immediately told him there was no reason for that as I have an updated medical done only two weeks ago!. He was qute impressed. See it pays to be a near perfectionist. It was painful to have to pay the same doctor another $300 to re-do the medical which I knew would have expired as it was over 2 years since I had filed.

Every other document was self convincing for officer Moore. He asked if we had any change we wanted to add to the application to which we gave him the BC of our new son. The boy was even there with us. Our eldest son was in school and could not go with us. Officer was quite impressed that our 6 month old was very pleasant and did not disturbed the interview process.

Officer then asked for other supporting documents to prove beyond reasonable doubt that we were married. We were prepared. We brought out a ton of well organized and arranged bills and bank statements. He was overwhelmed and he stated so!. He said it was quite commendable that we were well organized. He said he will only randomly chose some copies to file away. he then said he had been working for an English firm before when he saw that I had been staying in england before and we chatted about the english education system. He did not even ask for pictures!

He asked to be excused to convince his boss that we were eligible to be given a green card and left for about 10minutes???? He came back and wanted to know why my wife had so many visas to england LOL. Ofcourse we reminded him that I was staying and living in england while my wife was a LPR here! I was not allowed to come since I had submitted an application to be migrate here until my V1 was aproved. He apologized for not figuring that out. He then brought out about 2 or 3 different stamps and started stamping off our application and then finally the passport was stamped too!

He said to expect green card in mail in the next two weeks but the stamp on my passport was good for 1 year. He asked if we had any question. I asked when I was eligible to naturalized and he said 3 years from today with elkigibility to file 90 days from that time, on the condition that I remained married to my wife, or else I will have to wait 5 years. My wife quickly told him I was going no where, that I had made an oath to her for life. He was quite impressed. He wished us good luck and congratulations.

I forgot to ask officer if he was sending me a 10 year unconditional Green card, but I guess that is guaranteed since we've been married for 6 years now. In all, we spent less than 30 minutes at the BCIS office. Officer Moore mentioned that BCIS was working very hard to reduce the waiting period for AOS interviews. He said he was quite surprised that I had to wait this long to be interviewed and that I should have been interviewed more than 8 months ago! I told him that nobody in BCIS knew also after several infopass appointment and three EADs! Anyway that is all history now.

We left with a huge burden of almost 6 years journey behind us. We had started the process about 6 year ago after we got married in England, got a V1 4 years ago, filed for AOS 2 years ago and had to wait for our time to come. My wife became naturalized last november and now I am an LPR .

I pray for others who are still expecting thier moment of glory to come that it is around the corner. Just a little bit more perseverance and faith in God. Your time is near......

WOW! what a relief...I cant wait to get back to england for vacation very soon.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485 Interview Success: APPROVED! APPROVED!! APPROVED!!. NOW A LPR

Originally Posted by foley
I had my I-485 interview yesterday morning in Houston and guess what I was approved and issued a stamp!
Congratulations! Great news.

Ian
Old Feb 9th 2006, 1:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Great News, Foley.

A long wait but worth it in the end. Congratulations to you and the Mrs. for your patience.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Feb 9th 2006, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Congratulations, Foley!
Have a great vacation in England
Old Feb 9th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Interview was scheduled for 7.30am and we got there at 7.25am....that was quite close. Officer Moore called us in as soon as we were seated at the waiting room, and asked us not to seat but to swear.

Started off by asking for EAD, passport and IDs of both myself and my US citizen wife.I had no AP.Then the typical YES/NO questions, which he got tired of asking at a point and ask if I wanted to say yes to any of the question to which I said NO!

Officer then checked medical that was submitted 2 years ago at the time of filing AOS, and noticed there was a problem. He said he will have to send me back to the doctors! I immediately told him there was no reason for that as I have an updated medical done only two weeks ago!. He was qute impressed. See it pays to be a near perfectionist. It was painful to have to pay the same doctor another $300 to re-do the medical which I knew would have expired as it was over 2 years since I had filed.

Every other document was self convincing for officer Moore. He asked if we had any change we wanted to add to the application to which we gave him the BC of our new son. The boy was even there with us. Our eldest son was in school and could not go with us. Officer was quite impressed that our 6 month old was very pleasant and did not disturbed the interview process.

Officer then asked for other supporting documents to prove beyond reasonable doubt that we were married. We were prepared. We brought out a ton of well organized and arranged bills and bank statements. He was overwhelmed and he stated so!. He said it was quite commendable that we were well organized. He said he will only randomly chose some copies to file away. he then said he had been working for an English firm before when he saw that I had been staying in england before and we chatted about the english education system. He did not even ask for pictures!

He asked to be excused to convince his boss that we were eligible to be given a green card and left for about 10minutes???? He came back and wanted to know why my wife had so many visas to england LOL. Ofcourse we reminded him that I was staying and living in england while my wife was a LPR here! I was not allowed to come since I had submitted an application to be migrate here until my V1 was aproved. He apologized for not figuring that out. He then brought out about 2 or 3 different stamps and started stamping off our application and then finally the passport was stamped too!

He said to expect green card in mail in the next two weeks but the stamp on my passport was good for 1 year. He asked if we had any question. I asked when I was eligible to naturalized and he said 3 years from today with elkigibility to file 90 days from that time, on the condition that I remained married to my wife, or else I will have to wait 5 years. My wife quickly told him I was going no where, that I had made an oath to her for life. He was quite impressed. He wished us good luck and congratulations.

I forgot to ask officer if he was sending me a 10 year unconditional Green card, but I guess that is guaranteed since we've been married for 6 years now. In all, we spent less than 30 minutes at the BCIS office. Officer Moore mentioned that BCIS was working very hard to reduce the waiting period for AOS interviews. He said he was quite surprised that I had to wait this long to be interviewed and that I should have been interviewed more than 8 months ago! I told him that nobody in BCIS knew also after several infopass appointment and three EADs! Anyway that is all history now.

We left with a huge burden of almost 6 years journey behind us. We had started the process about 6 year ago after we got married in England, got a V1 4 years ago, filed for AOS 2 years ago and had to wait for our time to come. My wife became naturalized last november and now I am an LPR .

I pray for others who are still expecting thier moment of glory to come that it is around the corner. Just a little bit more perseverance and faith in God. Your time is near......

Congrats, great news , I got approved as well after 3 months of waiting for FBI name check
Old Feb 9th 2006, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats....
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

foley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 10 year Green Card arrived

I am excited to report that less than two weeks after my interview, I got my 10 year unconditional green card in the mail today! All information on it was correct.

WOW! cant wait to go for my long deserved vacation!

Hi,

Old Feb 24th 2006, 4:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 year Green Card arrived

I am excited to report that less than two weeks after my interview, I got my 10 year unconditional green card in the mail today! All information on it was correct.

WOW! cant wait to go for my long deserved vacation!

Congratulations, Foley and enjoy that vacation trip.

Rete
Old Feb 24th 2006, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

sharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to all
Default Re: 10 year Green Card arrived

Congrats!!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:21 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

WOW congratulations!! I am glad to hear is over yay yay!!
Did you hear that??.. It is the naturalization clock ticking