I-485 approval without interview?

Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:51 am
Jean-Fran?ois Henley

Default I-485 approval without interview?

I'm a little confused. After submitting my I-485 to the NYC office (in
2002), my case was transferred to the California Service Center. After
sending additional evidence, I today received an approval notice (by
e-mail). The e-mail says that my petition was approved and that a new
card would be sent to me by the mail.

What does this mean? That I'm being issued a green card without an
interview? It seems a little strange to me.

Thanks,

J-F

Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:14 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-485 approval without interview?

Originally Posted by Jean-Fran?ois Henley

Thanks,

J-F
Congratulations, you have been approved without an interview. This has been happening quite frequently lately with CSC transfer cases; if you do some searching on 'approved without interview' you'll find other posts.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

ktdyd has a spectacular aura aboutktdyd has a spectacular aura aboutktdyd has a spectacular aura about

The e-mail says that my petition was approved and that a new card would be sent to me by the mail.

Thanks,

J-F
A new card? Did you already have one? If so, a second interview isn't necessary for a renewal, or to remove conditions. If it's your first card, a bit scarey that they're issuing them without an interview.... so much for enhanced security measures.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktdyd
A new card? Did you already have one?
Hi ktdyd,

The verbage on the approval notices says "new card" even though it's the first card.

Rene
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:29 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, congrats! Same happened to me. I applied through Atlanta in 2003 and then this past August I got the message that my case was transfered to CSC. I was approved without interview in November. No interview to go to, and since you have been married for more than 2 years you should be receiving a 10-year GC!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi
....and since you have been married for more than 2 years you should be receiving a 10-year GC!
I wouldn't be surprised if the OP receives a 2-year conditional card, even though married more than 2 years. For some reason, I'm thinking USCIS might only issue conditional cards to those who skipped having an interview. Hopefully this isn't the case, and he'll get the 10-year one.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:45 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I wouldn't be surprised if the OP receives a 2-year conditional card, even though married more than 2 years. For some reason, I'm thinking USCIS might only issue conditional cards to those who skipped having an interview. Hopefully this isn't the case, and he'll get the 10-year one.

Best Wishes,
Rene
I received a 10-year one.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:47 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

J-F
CONGRATS!!, that's definitely the way to go!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:02 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktdyd
...If it's your first card, a bit scarey that they're issuing them without an interview.... so much for enhanced security measures.
Personally I'd rather they concentrate on doubtful cases than waste time interviwng straightforward marriage-based adjusters...
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steffi
I received a 10-year one.
Well it's my second wedding anniversary today and I'm still waiting to hear what's happening with my AOS (received at Atlanta on 31st March 2004, notice date of 3 May 2004, transferred to CSC last September).

I sent an e mail asking what the position was and was told that they'd been transferred to "speed up processing!. Speed up????? I was also told in the e mail that the priority date now is the date that CSC received the papers and not the original date of filing.

I've again had to apply for advance parole for the third time and to say I'm pissed off is an understatement!!