Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-212 Help please hubby had been deported

I-212 Help please hubby had been deported

Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:18 am
Account Closed

Angela and Brett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-212 Help please hubby had been deported

well I am indeed going to speak in depth with a legal mind who can maybe help.

I am resigned to the fact that it's probably never going to work out how I want. He has 7 years left of the ban though and it's not the end of the world either way. It's not right but I have accepted it now. Doesn't change my mind about how I feel about the whole situation but I have a plan B and C, and regardless of it all.

We'll see what happens, I just wish everyone could rally against the unjust and pathetic system to get changes made but I think that only happens in movies.
Or in politicians election speeches.

I suppose we have come this far, we can have a tiny bit more patience but I don't expect the outcome I want.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angela and Brett
well I am indeed going to speak in depth with a legal mind who can maybe help.

I am resigned to the fact that it's probably never going to work out how I want. He has 7 years left of the ban though and it's not the end of the world either way. It's not right but I have accepted it now. Doesn't change my mind about how I feel about the whole situation but I have a plan B and C, and regardless of it all.

We'll see what happens, I just wish everyone could rally against the unjust and pathetic system to get changes made but I think that only happens in movies.
Or in politicians election speeches.

I suppose we have come this far, we can have a tiny bit more patience but I don't expect the outcome I want.
You still are not getting it that he did the 'crime', he does the time.

There is an option available to you, a waiver to Immigrate.

There is no guarantee that he will ever get a Visitors Visa again.

I wonder why he is not posting, always seems odd that the one with the issue remains in the shadows.

And if you want legal advise, pay for it, minimum wage teleworkers does not count.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

After he was deported we applied for the immigration visa, while it would be nice to have it, my main concern is getting us to the point where we can visit my grandma asap.

And Tracey whether its a lie or incompetence it is equally as utterly disgusting.

I mean how could they not take the time to find out the right answer when I sent them an email to ensure what form to apply for. I have worked customer service MANY years, if I don't know the answer I don't make up one.

IMO they lied, they didn't know the answer, so they guessed which answer to give knowing it could be false. They do it al the time, maybe you do not have the same experiences and contact with them as I have so maybe walk a mile in my shoes and see how you feel about receiving inaccurate information every time, not just some of the time like oops we made a mistake but all of the time.

If the US Embassy was a trading business they would be sued for defrauding people out of money, do you think if you call the store and ask the man in electronics, well I want a radio that has to do x, y, z and he says OH Yes it will do exactly what you want, so you make an expensive trip to the store to get this special item and you buy it based on his advice, but reality is you paid the money for nothing as it's not what you needed and you cannot return it.

I mean its a great and wonderful country America, or is it with such a system?
Your situation is probably considered abnormal, which brings with it some additional complications. As sad as it is to say,the government workers answering those phones do NOT know the ins and outs of the immigration process, and really do have quite a bit of ignorance. There is also a 1-800 number her in the US for immigration info - but they are so useless we call this the mis-information line. The people at this 1-800 number are all contract workers being paid min. wage and are just reading std. answers from a computer screen. It may be the same situation in London for all we know. Does it excuse them? No, but it explains the run around you get from them because they really have no clue.

So if you were initially told it was a 5 yr ban, who told you this, and where was it documented? I assume it would documented in his passport, but I really don't know. A few others on here have said that usually there is some kind of stamp in the passport, with a certain section of the INA code written in it (like 212.c.g...blah blah). When did you find out it was a 10 yr ban, and who told you? I'm just trying to clarify a few bits of info you've been throwing our way.

You've mentioned several times that you've applied for his immigration visa. But you've also mentioned a B visa, which is not an immigration visa - it's a tourist visa. I'm just a little confused what you have filed so far (unless I missed a post from you). So have you actually filed an I-130, which is for an immigrant visa, in London? An I-130 will allow him to move to and live in the US, not just visit there. I assume this would be your ultimate goal given the health of your g'mother.

There is no reason to assume that a hardship waiver will not approved in your situation, given what you've told us so far. So hopefully, now that we have provided you with some additional info you may not have had before, you have some hope again that his spousal visa can be approved.

Fight them! Fight them to the death to get the outcome you want!

Sorry if I'm asking you to repeat any info, I just wanted to make sure everyone was clear on what you have or haven't done, and what you were actually told about the ban.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Aug 1st 2008 at 2:35 am.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:14 am
Account Closed

wow boiler what insight.

If you look at my previous posts I do accept he has done wrong. Other people do worse and get back in.

And FYI who are you calling a minimum wage telemarketer? There is nothing wrong with being a telemarketer or even making min wage unless you actuallty want to live off of what you earn. I have not ever done telemarketing but if I had to I would.

Maybe its the values my Grandma instilled into me that you shouldn't waste money, it annoys me so much to pay for legal fees simply because the system is so broken that it requires people like us to get legal help.

Just another thing Bushs regime hasn't fixed, maybe its all the time he spends on his ranch helps him to live in his own little perfect world instead of reality that we all deal with. All I ever hear politicians talk about is whats wrong, and they never put anything right.

Sunflowrgrl, no worries about repeating myself, best to just forget it for now as I have contacted someone about using their legal services. I'll just keep my fingers and toes crossed till then, as of next june it will be just 6 more years of the ban. Maybe I will figure out how to do a timeline

I assume after the 10 yrs is up that he can get back in the country if he wants. At the moment he doesn't want to go to the U.S. at all because of the hassle.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:24 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

wow boiler what insight.

If you look at my previous posts I do accept he has done wrong. Other people do worse and get back in.

And FYI who are you calling a minimum wage telemarketer? There is nothing wrong with being a telemarketer or even making min wage unless you actuallty want to live off of what you earn. I have not ever done telemarketing but if I had to I would.

Maybe its the values my Grandma instilled into me that you shouldn't waste money, it annoys me so much to pay for legal fees simply because the system is so broken that it requires people like us to get legal help.

Just another thing Bushs regime hasn't fixed, maybe its all the time he spends on his ranch helps him to live in his own little perfect world instead of reality that we all deal with. All I ever hear politicians talk about is whats wrong, and they never put anything right.

Sunflowrgrl, no worries about repeating myself, best to just forget it for now as I have contacted someone about using their legal services. I'll just keep my fingers and toes crossed till then, as of next june it will be just 6 more years of the ban. Maybe I will figure out how to do a timeline

I assume after the 10 yrs is up that he can get back in the country if he wants. At the moment he doesn't want to go to the U.S. at all because of the hassle.
You haven't accepted anything. You've said you have but it's obvious you haven't.

You keep grabbing the wrong end of the stick -- with your solutions to your immigration issue and with comments on this forum.

What do you actually want to achieve?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:29 am
Account Closed

I do accept it, I just don't agree with it. There is a big difference.

Before I accepted it I was in a state of mourning almost knowing my husband would never get to see my Grandma alive again. Mourning my hopes and dreams of us living in the states.

I am past that now, if it works out great if it doesn't then I will get past it. I find the whole ordeal stressful and annoying which is why I accept that nothing positive will happen, that way I won't be shocked again when nothing happens. If by a Miracle something positive happens then thats great.

Canada hopefully is the solution but if that doesn't work out then we will move to Scotland and I will spend a few months out of the year back in the states.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:33 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Boiler was referring to the people who answer the phone at hotline you called, and also the USCIS 800 misinformation line here. He wasn't referring to you.

I wouldn't assume anything, if I were you. What happened to him can follow him around forever when it comes to visiting or immigrating to the USA. Even after 10 years, even after the ban is lifted, this problem *might* still hang around. Yes, the ban will be lifted, but if he ever overstayed the VWP he can never use that again (you said he was in the USA for a few or several months...but you never said if it was over 90 days or not). He might always need a B-2 visa to visit the USA, and his past immigration history might always be a problem. There's no way of knowing what will happen 10 years from now, I'm just saying "don't assume".

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You can rant and rave on her all you wish. I do hope it helps you feel a little better.

Your conception of reality and the time needed to rectify a system that is broken into a zillion pieces if beyond belief.

The immigration process works for thousands of people yearly and would have worked as quickly for your husband if he had taken the time to find out what he was getting himself into in the first place.

Making assumptions that others do worse and get in is a rant. Just as Martha Stewart is allowed into the UK; George Michaels is not allowed into the US.

Your dilemnia appears to be wanting to see your grandma and not particularly to care for her as you stated at one time. Since emigrating to Canada is going to take time, money and lots of effort, and won't get you back to the US to live here and take care of granny, it looks like your desperate need to do just that is a ploy.

You come across as the ugly American. I want what I want and I want it now and I want it the way that I want it or I will have a trantrum.

Well scream away. The more you scream, the less people will listen.

wow boiler what insight.

Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:04 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Mourning my hopes and dreams of us living in the states.
Your hope is possible. The only person standing in the way of it is you.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Your hope is possible. The only person standing in the way of it is you.
The insurmountable.....
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:55 am
Septicity

Originally Posted by Boiler
The insurmountable.....
Without professional help -- yes!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Well you live and you learn, I'll let fate decide what happens.

They say things happen for a reason.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:34 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well you live and you learn, I'll let fate decide what happens.

They say things happen for a reason.

I got it! This is a windup. This is the Angelina and Brad twin couple out to have a few laughs on us. Duh!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:48 am
Account Closed

I am consulting with a lawyer so we'll see what happens I am done with the headache on my own. What is it you expect me to do???

The US Immigration powers that be won't keep me from my family in the U.S., neither will a move to Canada. I am luck enough to have a great hubby who lets me take trips as often as I need to and for as long as I need to.

It would be nice to sort out the paperwork but I'll see what happens with a bit of legal help.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I am consulting with a lawyer so we'll see what happens I am done with the headache on my own. What is it you expect me to do???

The US Immigration powers that be won't keep me from my family in the U.S., neither will a move to Canada. I am luck enough to have a great hubby who lets me take trips as often as I need to and for as long as I need to.

It would be nice to sort out the paperwork but I'll see what happens with a bit of legal help.
I'm glad you're getting some help with it. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.