I-134 Question for K1

Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-134 Question for K1

I have seen and read that you need copies of your last 3 years tax returns to accompany this form. Is this just for later on, or would I need these for my K1 application?

My Fiancee is the sponsor.

Thanks
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 Question for K1

Originally Posted by gstring
I have seen and read that you need copies of your last 3 years tax returns to accompany this form. Is this just for later on, or would I need these for my K1 application?

Thanks
You will need them at your K-1 interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Noorah. I thought we did. So the last 3 years tax returns from the Fiancee....

I will get him to bring them when he visits me next month!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

californian is an unknown quantity at this point

Even though the I-134 doesn't specifically request them, it does seem that most K-1 applicants on this forum have been asked for copies of at least the past year's tax return (so it seems best to be prepared with the past 3 years).
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

OK. So we are all going from what recent K1 people have told us?

Is this information anywhere to be found other than here?

I'm glad I'm asking this as it's not highlighted on the form itself.

Cheers!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

So we are all going from what recent K1 people have told us?
A pretty good *inside* source I would say!

Is this information anywhere to be found other than here?
I haven't seen this advice anywhere else (although others may have) but I would still suggest its better to be safe than sorry. Some people are only asked for the past year but again, you may as well have the past 3 years . . . don't you think? If your fiance is having trouble digging them up, he can obtain transcripts from the IRS. The fastest way to do this is to call the IRS and ask them to fax the transcripts to him.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:16 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Oooh I have this question too! my last yrs tax return was for only over 1grand in us money.. the one previous was for 15k an the one prior to that... another 10 k.... now... i just need to find them!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by californian
A pretty good *inside* source I would say!

I haven't seen this advice anywhere else (although others may have) but I would still suggest its better to be safe than sorry. Some people are only asked for the past year but again, you may as well have the past 3 years . . . don't you think? If your fiance is having trouble digging them up, he can obtain transcripts from the IRS. The fastest way to do this is to call the IRS and ask them to fax the transcripts to him.
YES! I agree with all you have said.

Not a problem getting them at all, he has them. I'm just glad I ask silly questions to find these matters out as the forms don't tell you.

And....I'm just being anal. I have my Police cert, Military cert, Immunization record and all the other forms ready for packet 3 and our petition is still pending! Just want to be on the ball!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
Oooh I have this question too! my last yrs tax return was for only over 1grand in us money.. the one previous was for 15k an the one prior to that... another 10 k.... now... i just need to find them!
I believe you will need a joint sponsor then.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

And....I'm just being anal. I have my Police cert, Military cert, Immunization record and all the other forms ready for packet 3 and our petition is still pending! Just want to be on the ball!
Sounds like you are! If you haven't already . . . you might want to fill out the required forms as much as possible.

We actually sent the forms to the US Embassy London (minus the document checklist b/c I couldn't find a copy of the K checklist online) right after we received the NOA2 from the CA Service Center, with a covering letter saying "in anticipation of your receipt . . .". I am not sure if this is advisable for everyone but it seemed to speed things up a bit for us. My husband's (we were doing the K-3) interview was set 6 weeks after NOA2 from the CA Service Center.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on what the USC's *current* income is. That's what's important.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It depends on what the USC's *current* income is. That's what's important.

Rene
This is addressed in another thread, she has it handled
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Noorah.

OK, best I don't post about tax issues, as I'm not really aware of the USA tax return system. However, I'm learning ALOT today.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tracym
This is addressed in another thread, she has it handled
Thanks. I'm just now going through threads and posting answers. I haven't yet seen the other thread.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by californian
Sounds like you are! If you haven't already . . . you might want to fill out the required forms as much as possible.

We actually sent the forms to the US Embassy London (minus the document checklist b/c I couldn't find a copy of the K checklist online) right after we received the NOA2 from the CA Service Center, with a covering letter saying "in anticipation of your receipt . . .". I am not sure if this is advisable for everyone but it seemed to speed things up a bit for us. My husband's (we were doing the K-3) interview was set 6 weeks after NOA2 from the CA Service Center.
I have filled in the forms, well as much as I can as I know one has to be done online

Oh...I'm not sure I'd be that bold! Do you know anyone else that has done this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.