I-134 Question - again

Old May 12th 2003, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-134 Question - again

I think I am confusing myself. The 2nd page where I sign below that it requires a signature of officer adminstering oath. Is this where my notary person signs and enters her info?
I have already sent this form to my fiance and the notary person signed it there, but I whited it out and she notarized it to the side. Now I wonder if it was right the first time.
I am going to Germany in about a week, so it is not a problem to give him a new form. I just don't understand that last signature section.
Thanks
Kari
Old May 12th 2003, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I-134 Question - again

Originally posted by kariml
I think I am confusing myself. The 2nd page where I sign below that it requires a signature of officer adminstering oath. Is this where my notary person signs and enters her info?
I have already sent this form to my fiance and the notary person signed it there, but I whited it out and she notarized it to the side. Now I wonder if it was right the first time.
I am going to Germany in about a week, so it is not a problem to give him a new form. I just don't understand that last signature section.
Thanks
Kari
hi kari, i believe you done just right the first time. you sign after sponsor while the notary watches and he sign then and fills his information. the last line of the box stays empty unless you did not prepare the i-134 yourself.

oh, and btw, i just called nvc and they also only kept our file prisoner for a day. maybe mail only goes once a day for them
Old May 12th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

You did it correct the first time. That is where the notary signs. Then next to title.. she/he can put Title of Notary or Notary Public or something like that.

I would get a new one filled out and take that.
Old May 12th 2003, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BeachBunny
You did it correct the first time. That is where the notary signs. Then next to title.. she/he can put Title of Notary or Notary Public or something like that.

I would get a new one filled out and take that.
Ah, thank you. You have eased my mind

Duckie-
Wow, Germany is quite fast. Nice to hear!

Kari
Old May 12th 2003, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Duckie-
Wow, Germany is quite fast. Nice to hear!

Kari
well, i think it must be something with the anti-terrorism stuff. germany is likely to cooperate with the usa real nicely. even when they dont say that openly too much. maybe nvc has a fast connection to germany to check online for all needed background information. and after the i-129f got approved you deserve to have everything smooth as butter. but then - maybe the buerocracy in germany is realatevily in order compared to other countries. it took me less than two weeks to receive my police certificate and less than a week to receive two multilingual birth records by mail.
Old May 12th 2003, 4:07 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Kari

That other signature block is if for example you had an attorney filling out the 134 for you, just like on the other forms. Yes, you did have it right the first time.
Old May 12th 2003, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

canuk_32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading the questions on the affidavit of support made me look at my form which brought on questions of my own. The Oath or Affirmation of Deponent. Is that the USA fiance who signs there? or is it just for an additional sponsor?
Also is it only the USA fiance that fills one out or is it for out or country fiance as well?
Thanks so much
Old May 12th 2003, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by canuk_32
Reading the questions on the affidavit of support made me look at my form which brought on questions of my own. The Oath or Affirmation of Deponent. Is that the USA fiance who signs there? or is it just for an additional sponsor?
Also is it only the USA fiance that fills one out or is it for out or country fiance as well?
Thanks so much
only the usc fiance fills out the i-134. the usc does not sign it until doing it infront of a notary inside the usa (that is very important that it is inside the usa). only if a co-sponsor is needed, the co-sponsor fills out a i-134 and sign it infront of a notary. the foreign fiance does not fill out a i-134 - as he will be the immigrant needing sponsoring. or how would you keep wooking abroad when you live in the usa?

hope that helps
Old May 12th 2003, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

canuk_32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help Just one other little itsybitsy question lol The Oath part again, where it says My commission expires on........what does that mean?
Old May 12th 2003, 4:51 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help Just one other little itsybitsy question lol The Oath part again, where it says My commission expires on........what does that mean?

referring to the Notary.........
Old May 12th 2003, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

i assume that a notary in the us has to obtain a new licence to be legally allowed to be a notary.
Old May 12th 2003, 6:42 pm
Flyboyshell

I have been waiting 2 months now since my application was submitted on March
6. Houston's local office processing time says 30 days, however, I do not
believe that.

I just sent in a status enquiry in writing and via the National Call centre.

Hope you come right!!

"kariml" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I think I am confusing myself. The 2nd page where I sign below that it
    > requires a signature of officer adminstering oath. Is this where my
    > notary person signs and enters her info?
    > I have already sent this form to my fiance and the notary person signed
    > it there, but I whited it out and she notarized it to the side. Now I
    > wonder if it was right the first time.
    > I am going to Germany in about a week, so it is not a problem to give
    > him a new form. I just don't understand that last signature section.
    > Thanks
    > Kari
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com