Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I-134 question 11 (and age question)

I-134 question 11 (and age question)

Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-134 question 11 (and age question)

Hello!

Pretty much everything I needed to send off to London for the interview has been, and I got the I-134 in the post from my fiancée not long ago, but I just wanted to clarify (if anybody can - seems there's not always a right or wrong answer!).

Firstly, and the smaller question, the form asks for my fiancée's age. She's currently 32 so wrote that, but will turn 33 in just a few weeks. Presumably this won't matter as obviously the form needed to be signed/sent in advance (and dated).

Secondly, question 11 (about intending - or not - to make specific contributions). My fiancée ticked neither box and wrote underneath:
N/A (K-1 Visa process for permanent residence)
He will be living with me as my fiancé and later my husband, I will provide him with room and board.

Obviously without my username . Does that sound okay? Opinion seems to be divided on whether you should tick one or not, so I can't find a concrete answer. I know some people only write the first line but she kind of wanted to make sure, see, so added the second as a back-up.

I do actually have another choice, as I have an earlier copy of the form where the first box is ticked*, and the statement underneath (minus the 'N/A' part), but from what I've read it seems maybe the ticking neither and N/A option is the way to go.

*Well, meant to be but she forgot, so I'd just tick it myself .

Last edited by The Earl of Drumer; Jun 17th 2011 at 5:08 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 question 11 (and age question)

I would say since she explained in writing what she will do or not do, you can just leave it as is.

And no, her 32/33 age difference won't matter. She was 32 when she signed it, so it's correct.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-134 question 11 (and age question)

It sounds perfect.