i-130 RFE

Old Apr 16th 2019, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i-130 RFE

Helping sister respond to an RFE received by USCIS for mum and dad.

They need the following.

Sisters Birth Certificate
- We requested a fresh one from the civial authority and so think this is OK.

Parents Marriage certificate

Proof of Bona fide father / child relationship
- This is where we are a little stuck. Have nothing from the suggested list but do have pictures of sister growing up and dad in pictures along the way ... birthdays, graduation etc. Will this suffice or do we need more than this?

Also, is there a "correct" way to organise and send the evidence? I was thinking we print them out for each RFE letter with post-its stating what they are and how they meet the requirements in the RFE. Mum and dad got seperate RFE's.

Thanks!
Old Apr 16th 2019, 8:02 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i-130 RFE

Originally Posted by nudda
Helping sister respond to an RFE received by USCIS for mum and dad.

They need the following.

Sisters Birth Certificate

Parents Marriage certificate

Proof of Bona fide father / child relationship
- This is where we are a little stuck. Have nothing from the suggested list but do have pictures of sister growing up and dad in pictures along the way ... birthdays, graduation etc. Will this suffice or do we need more than this?

Also, is there a "correct" way to organise and send the evidence? I was thinking we print them out for each RFE letter with post-its stating what they are and how they meet the requirements in the RFE. Mum and dad got seperate RFE's.

Thanks!
why do you need “fresh” certificates ? Don’t you have the originals?

Not sure what the “civial authority” is, does not sound like the UK authorities, will they be in english? you may need official translations if not.

I would think that a post-it sounds very risk, you read about entire documents being “misplaced” so something stuck on sounds like a really bad idea.
Old Apr 16th 2019, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

fresh as marriage certs and birth certs disintegrate over time and thats what happened hnce RFE and fresh certs

civil audhotiry applies to any jurisdiction. Yes they are in English

post its would go onto the evidence docs printed out so they know what is what. How else would you do it? I will obviously be paperclipping it all together so they are intact.
Old Apr 16th 2019, 8:28 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

fresh as marriage certs and birth certs disintegrate over time and thats what happened hnce RFE and fresh certs

post its would go onto the evidence docs printed out so they know what is what. How else would you do it? I will obviously be paperclipping it all together so they are intact.
your terminology just sounds very odd, this is where you need to apply in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-...ge-certificate
Old Apr 16th 2019, 10:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht

your terminology just sounds very odd, this is where you need to apply in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-...ge-certificate
This poster's parents are originally from a country other than the UK. My thoughts were India.
Old Apr 17th 2019, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
This poster's parents are originally from a country other than the UK. My thoughts were India.
Correct - not originally from the UK but been there since the 60's so their marriage certificate is all English.
Old Apr 17th 2019, 2:32 pm
tht

I have never had an US RFE myself, or for any of the visas I work on for employees, but from similar submissions in other countries my approach has been to write a cover letter that basically repeats each request word for word and then lists what doc is attached and any description required, I can’t imagine that a UK marriage certificate in English needs much explanation. If you have to reference/mark the pages I would personally number them in order and then refer to them on the cover letter. I am assuming that whatever you send will be scanned in, so post it's, paper clips, staples / plastic folders etc are not a great idea because they make work for the person who opens it. I would have thought the RFE may give guidance of at least what not to do, but have not seen one, I am sure there there must be first hand experiences in here in general. Again no direct US experience, the closest I have seen was a partnership visa for an unmarried couple in NZ, but they put in wedding invites from others with both names, plane tickets with both on, letters of support from family and friends, photos like you have mentioned and in their case also evidence of a young child they had together. I guess in your case plane tickets of both visiting their daughter would be an idea as well as pictures as you mention.
Old Apr 17th 2019, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tht

I have never had an US RFE myself, or for any of the visas I work on for employees, but from similar submissions in other countries my approach has been to write a cover letter that basically repeats each request word for word and then lists what doc is attached and any description required, I can’t imagine that a UK marriage certificate in English needs much explanation. If you have to reference/mark the pages I would personally number them in order and then refer to them on the cover letter. I am assuming that whatever you send will be scanned in, so post it's, paper clips, staples / plastic folders etc are not a great idea because they make work for the person who opens it. I would have thought the RFE may give guidance of at least what not to do, but have not seen one, I am sure there there must be first hand experiences in here in general. Again no direct US experience, the closest I have seen was a partnership visa for an unmarried couple in NZ, but they put in wedding invites from others with both names, plane tickets with both on, letters of support from family and friends, photos like you have mentioned and in their case also evidence of a young child they had together. I guess in your case plane tickets of both visiting their daughter would be an idea as well as pictures as you mention.
awesome thank you. I had not thought about the plane tickets and the cover letter idea sounds correct. Appreciate your help here!
Old Apr 17th 2019, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have noticed some changes in how the I 864 is reviewed., seems that future potential public charge issues are being looked at much closer, we do not see many Parents on this forum for obvious reasons, so I would make sure that you do focus on their future job prospects, how they will fund Medical needs etc.
Old Apr 18th 2019, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boiler
I have noticed some changes in how the I 864 is reviewed., seems that future potential public charge issues are being looked at much closer, we do not see many Parents on this forum for obvious reasons, so I would make sure that you do focus on their future job prospects, how they will fund Medical needs etc.
Thanks. They are old and will not be working. Health insurance will need to be paid for by us.