Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

How Soon Can I Book an Interview at the Embassy?

How Soon Can I Book an Interview at the Embassy?

Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

orudge is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How Soon Can I Book an Interview at the Embassy?

Originally Posted by agentred
Is that it? Some people recommend bringing my degree, should I do that? I have a BSc.
I took mine, they didn't ask for it. Doesn't hurt to have it though. Otherwise, I think all I took were the items you stated there.

As for national ID number, I left that blank.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by orudge
I took mine, they didn't ask for it. Doesn't hurt to have it though. Otherwise, I think all I took were the items you stated there.
My lawyer is advising me to take the full H1-B petition with me. But it is... 146 pages.

Should I print it out and take it? I just can't see them wanting to look through a 146 page document...
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Just had email notification that our I-129 has been approved well I should say hubbies
Our lawyers say we should have the paperwork the beginning of next week, so we could have an interview the end of next week or the beginning of the week after
Old Sep 25th 2009, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sarahlou145
Just had email notification that our I-129 has been approved well I should say hubbies
Our lawyers say we should have the paperwork the beginning of next week, so we could have an interview the end of next week or the beginning of the week after
! The embassy seems to have a lot of spaces for interviews (they even offered one for the next day!) so once you get the paperwork you should be set.
Old Sep 25th 2009, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

janette is on a distinguished road

I did take the full petition with me to London last week, but nobody asked to see it, however, at my first interview last year (in Belfast) they did. I was only asked a few questions at the interview and all the answers were in the petition! As we had put a US address on our D156 forms, I left the section asking for name and address of person I would be staying with, blank