How many I-134 can I submit

Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

cymruargie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many I-134 can I submit

I have 4 friends willing to sign an I-134 for my DV. Should I submit just one or can I send more than one?

We call the embassy in London and the lady just said "why do you want to send more than one?" but she did nto answer our question as to whether is ok or not to send more than one affidavits of support.

Anybody here has an idea?

Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many I-134 can I submit

Originally Posted by cymruargie
I have 4 friends willing to sign an I-134 for my DV. Should I submit just one or can I send more than one?

We call the embassy in London and the lady just said "why do you want to send more than one?" but she did nto answer our question as to whether is ok or not to send more than one affidavits of support.

Thanks
Use the one with the highest income level. You do not need to use all four.

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Use the one with the highest income level. You do not need to use all four.

Rene
Ok, I understand that, however, is it alright if one wanted to send more than one?

Also, if I said in my application I will settle in OH does it affect it if my sponsor is in CA?

Thanks
JC
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I understand that, however, is it alright if one wanted to send more than one?

Also, if I said in my application I will settle in OH does it affect it if my sponsor is in CA?

Thanks
JC
I don't think you can have multiple sponsors....but I suppose you can have all 4 prepared and bring them to your interview. The ConOff will let you know whether you can use all 4 or just 1.

The sponsor can live anywhere in the USA, does not have to be in the state you'll be living in.

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:19 pm
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
You can submit as many as you like. The real question here is whether AmEmb-London will look at them or give them credence.

You do not mention WHY you need an I-134 and WHAT TYPE of visa you are applying for. If you're applying for a B-1/B-2, then 3-4 Affidavits of Support are a bit fishy; after all, why does a tourist need 3-4 Affidavits of Support for a brief holiday? For that matter, for most tourists, I would venture to say that even 1 I-134 would be a bit suspicious, depending on the reason for the B-2 visit.

If you're applying for something like a F-1 student visa, then perhaps 3-4 I-134s make sense, if you are cobbling together the expenses itemized in the I-20 student form.

--J Craig Fong
Los Angeles, CA
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JCraigFong
You can submit as many as you like. The real question here is whether AmEmb-London will look at them or give them credence.

You do not mention WHY you need an I-134 and WHAT TYPE of visa you are applying for. If you're applying for a B-1/B-2, then 3-4 Affidavits of Support are a bit fishy; after all, why does a tourist need 3-4 Affidavits of Support for a brief holiday? For that matter, for most tourists, I would venture to say that even 1 I-134 would be a bit suspicious, depending on the reason for the B-2 visit.

If you're applying for something like a F-1 student visa, then perhaps 3-4 I-134s make sense, if you are cobbling together the expenses itemized in the I-20 student form.

--J Craig Fong
Los Angeles, CA
It is a DV. We had interview but they did not accept my Job Offer as evidence and asked for an affidavit of support. Since I had more than one I just wondered if it would hurt sending them of I better stick to one. That's it.

Thnks
JC